"...didn't feel the kick."

PC HUNTER

"Dad, I didn't even feel the kick."

What a wonderful morning. I praise and thank God for giving us nature and wild game hunting. What an awesome way to spend time with young hunters. This is my son's first turkey. He tried crossbow hunting them last year, but after two failed attempts, decided to break out the 20 gauge SX4 this year. View attachment 132899

Birds were gobbling before we were set in the blind....
Congrats!

Bell3wv

"Dad, I didn't even feel the kick."

What a wonderful morning. I praise and thank God for giving us nature and wild game hunting. What an awesome way to spend time with young hunters. This is my son's first turkey. He tried crossbow hunting them last year, but after two failed attempts, decided to break out the 20 gauge SX4 this year. View attachment 132899

Birds were gobbling before we were set in the blind....
That's awesome! It was pretty windy, I'm glad he got one.

TNlandowner

It's funny how recoil is never a factor when taking a shot at wild game. During practice... that's another story...

Congrats on bringing home food for the family!
So true... adrenaline tames a lot of recoil energy. ;o)

I set up my son's shotgun for a very mild recoil using Federal Premium heavy weight #7s, 2 3/4" shells. I really hate Federal stopped making these shells. The shells cycle the SX4 great and have taken turkey out to 45 yards. The recoil is truly very mild for a turkey load.