Kick your self in the rear moment

C1295

Had a kick yourself in the rear moment today.who else has had one? I would love to here them making myself feel better.😂😂 Been on birds all afternoon about an 30 minutes before I left nothing lost them no sound. Walked back to the truck to leave, put all my gear up sat down started the truck and here they. Come walking out of the woods in the parking lot….

30-06 type of guy

Yesterday had one come in hot from about 250 yards. Thought he would hit the field but no he took a roadbed I didn't know existed behind me. So thick in between I couldn't see him but he was about 30-40 yards. Should've ve just went with my first thought and moved anyway. Met a guy walking out and we're chatting on the way to the trucks and bam longbeard runs out in front of us probably 50 yards from the trucks. Walked up on a longbeard and hen today at 10:00 on a different roadbed. Luckily the wind was blowing the trees and weeds cuz he had no clue I walked up. He was walking towards me so I wanted a closer shot than what I had. He ended up turning around back to the hen to strut and got out of my comfort zone. Mad I didn't shoot soon as I saw him but it's only day 2.

PalsPal

Posted on another thread.

This morning had two come in. They were just over a rise, but I heard drumming so I got ready. In thick woods but I finally see a head maybe 30 yards. Waiting for him to take a couple more steps to see beard when I see another one right behind him.

Do not see beard on front one when he took those steps while he was facing me. See second one pop a strut and drum. Waiting for them to split as I would've shot both.

Front one turns, he does have a thin beard maybe 8-9". Not interested in him. By the time they split, I have a split second to get off shot, but he won't stop and I don't want to shoot while moving. They get antsy and move off.

It was time to leave for church, so I'll be back later in week.

Latest posts