Current Presidents Island Conditions

2in1shot

After 8 years, I finally got drawn. Beginning to plan my hunt of the decade. Does anyone know the current conditions (flooding and crops) this year. Also any advice will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

Big Gun

The river did not get very high this year so there should be no flooding issues this year. I don't know what kind of crops were planted.

TN Larry

muddyboots said:
Ill second southaven.

X3. You can also pull a camper and stay beside the TWRA guys. The scout day is the day before the hunt starts. You will get a permit but also a packet in the mail. I also highly recommend bringing an ATV if you can.

easy45

Southaven is nice but T.O. Fuller State Park is only about 5 minutes away, I lived and worked there for 3 years and that park is as safe as it gets

banjo

I was thinking of camping on the island myself. Does anyone know if they will let you camp on wed night or do I need plan on staying at a hotel wed

Bucket

If you don't camp I would recommend Southaven too. I had a Memphis police officer recommend to me a "safe" hotel close to downtown and someone still tried to bread into my truck. Luckily all they did was damage the door/handle.

bullshooter

Another Southaven vote from me. A lot of guys left their atv's and trailers with the game wardens at night. Take a video camera with you. Especially on the scouting day.

Thirty-06

i live here on the outskirts of memphis and i would definatly prefer camping if you could but if you want to stay anywhere southhaven would be close off of goodman rd. Or you can go east and stay around poplar walnut grove area but anywhere inbetween there and PI you will find out what memphis is all about!!!!!

usanglure

OK guys Millington is a Great Place to stay! 20 min north. And for your Permit you can stay at my house and eat my food while i hunt for you. LOL. Loan me your camera and i'll video it for you.

Latest posts