President's Island

Hunter4ever

So I don't remember how many points I had but did get drawn for the October hunt. This is my 3rd trip to the island, but the 1st in October. I was drawn on the very 1st hunt (It was Magical). I think again around 2010-11 when the Mississippi flooded. It was like hunting on a beach and only saw one deer. From what I am reading... I dont think the island ever recovered. The "Trophy Room" reflects the same. Hoping someone could shed some light on recent hunts?
awful October hunt this year was 85 degrees on Saturday. they so need to have more people drawn on this hunt , NOT ENOUGH PRESSURE

Gravey

awful October hunt this year was 85 degrees on Saturday. they so need to have more people drawn on this hunt , NOT ENOUGH PRESSURE
The October hunt sucks period! I screwed up a couple years ago and put it down as an option. They closed Ensley and I normally put in for the island and Ensley but the January hunts. In my haste and hurry I guess I missed that Ensley was gone and put both hunts for the island. We didn't even hunt Sunday and went home.

Hunter4ever

The October hunt sucks period! I screwed up a couple years ago and put it down as an option. They closed Ensley and I normally put in for the island and Ensley but the January hunts. In my haste and hurry I guess I missed that Ensley was gone and put both hunts for the island. We didn't even hunt Sunday and went home.
we hunted for 1 hour sunday just long enough to pull our stands. i am done with it i will be to old in 14 years

muddyboots

Points after drawing.

Attachments

• 71406119417__5332315D-007A-4E7E-83D8-0EFCA5C4C276.jpeg
    71406119417__5332315D-007A-4E7E-83D8-0EFCA5C4C276.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 61

Gravey

we hunted for 1 hour sunday just long enough to pull our stands. i am done with it i will be to old in 14 years
Yeah my buddy and I didn't put in this year either after drawing last year. I'm 50 and he's 61 so in 15 years I hope to still be out there but he said he probably wouldn't. We drew the Ensley unit in 2008 and had a much better hunt but it was the December hunt. Neither of us killed a deer but saw a bunch.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I'm one of the folks with 12 points. So it looks like I'll buy a point for the next couple of seasons and then I'll be able to go see what the fuss is all about(unless they do away with it before then).

DeerCamp

Count me in the group that ain't waiting.

In 2011 I had 5 preference points and accidentally put in for the ANTLERLESS PI hunt.

Drew it, didn't go because my daughter was born early and don't think I'll ever chase it again.

Latest posts