President's island

Oked

Yes u can shoot a 8 point but need to make sure it's 20 inches outside, I asked and the manager said if he's 19 1/2 wide it's the same as shooting a deer in July. U will be fined and deer taken .

Headhunter

Yes u can shoot a 8 point but need to make sure it's 20 inches outside, I asked and the manager said if he's 19 1/2 wide it's the same as shooting a deer in July. U will be fined and deer taken .
Which is complete BS and just another stupid, uneducated regulation dreamed up by the TWRA that has not biological reason behind it. No common sense at all, the TWRA is wrong on this one like so many other stupid regs they pull out of their proverbial backsides.

copenhagen1

Attachments

• DFF6406C-C711-46F5-BCE2-44834E5D2D66.jpeg
    DFF6406C-C711-46F5-BCE2-44834E5D2D66.jpeg
    271.1 KB · Views: 343

dhunter320

It's been 13 years since I started buying points and cashed my 12 points in for president's island. I've heard good and bad but I guess I'm going to find out . Scout Thursday and hunt Fri, sat, and Sunday. Not sure what to expect since I don't have any direct input from anyone who has hunted it recently but I'm going to try to find some travel corridors and sit daylight til dark for 3 days. I'll keep you guys posted. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Good luck to you! I hope you kill a monster! Because of the quota rules the TWRA has in place,making you pass up other good hunting opportunities on other WMA's for 10 or more years!!! It doesn't matter what weapon of choice you've applied for on any quota hunt over the years,ALL those preference points are taken from you if you are successfully drawn for any hunt,no matter what weapon you're using!!!! If you are drawn for an archery hunt then they should only take those pref. pts. you have accumulated for archery hunts!!!! And if something arises in your life(death in family)if your permit is returned 10 days prior to your hunt,you should be able to keep your pref. pts! TWRA says sorry for your luck but thanks for all the money you've invested & the missed opportunities you could've had if it wasn't for their UNFAIR rules for quota hunts in the state of Tennessee!!! What does anyone else think of these rules for the quota hunts??

killingtime 41

Good luck to you! I hope you kill a monster! Because of the quota rules the TWRA has in place,making you pass up other good hunting opportunities on other WMA's for 10 or more years!!! It doesn't matter what weapon of choice you've applied for on any quota hunt over the years,ALL those preference points are taken from you if you are successfully drawn for any hunt,no matter what weapon you're using!!!! If you are drawn for an archery hunt then they should only take those pref. pts. you have accumulated for archery hunts!!!! And if something arises in your life(death in family)if your permit is returned 10 days prior to your hunt,you should be able to keep your pref. pts! TWRA says sorry for your luck but thanks for all the money you've invested & the missed opportunities you could've had if it wasn't for their UNFAIR rules for quota hunts in the state of Tennessee!!! What does anyone else think of these rules for the quota hunts??
I do believe that hunt is well over with seeing how season ended over a month ago.

knightrider

I think you know the rules when you apply, if you dont agree with them apply elsewhere

Latest posts