Presidents island

mcolem13

Hey y'all, anyone else draw for the October hunt?

Was wondering how the scout day works for PI on Thursday. I Would love to be there at daylight to scout some morning movement but haven't been able to get a hold of Chris Park to confirm. I'm sure he has a lot on his plate these days. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Y'all get on that cold front a comin!

mcolem13

I hunted the October hunt last year and it feeling sucks! Good luck and hope you have better luck than we did. Didn't see squat. Chris Parks was a great guy to sit and shoot the bill with though.
Ha yeah that's kind of what I am anticipating. Screwed up thinking I didn't have enough points to get drawn and put in for October instead of priority point and ended up getting drawn. Gonna make the most of it and see if I can't still get on one.

Everybody speaks highly of Chris. Looking forward to giving it a go.

Gravey

Ha yeah that's kind of what I am anticipating. Screwed up thinking I didn't have enough points to get drawn and put in for October instead of priority point and ended up getting drawn. Gonna make the most of it and see if I can't still get on one.

Everybody speaks highly of Chris. Looking forward to giving it a go.
I had always put in for the December hunt on the island and ensley unit and when they took it away I goofed and put both of the island hunts. Had 12 points so threw it all away.

mcolem13

I had always put in for the December hunt on the island and ensley unit and when they took it away I goofed and put both of the island hunts. Had 12 points so threw it all away.
Man I'm with ya. Hey it'll be an experience then the pressure is off to think about it again. Atleast for 10-30 years ha. I'll probably try to explore some other hunts after this and just enjoy learning new places. Even if I don't get a shot maybe can see one of the legendary PI bucks.

Gravey

Man I'm with ya. Hey it'll be an experience then the pressure is off to think about it again. Atleast for 10-30 years ha. I'll probably try to explore some other hunts after this and just enjoy learning new places. Even if I don't get a shot maybe can see one of the legendary PI bucks.
Good luck! Hope you have a great time and see some deer. I'm done putting in for it.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
Looks like the weather is warming up, I hope they are still on their feet moving. How did the scouting day go?

DeerCamp

If I only had 4 points I do not think I would save them for PI. I have 13 invested so I will use them at some point on PI.
If you do the math, you need 12-14 to be drawn this year. But with so many people still building points, you are looking at 10-15 years from now for being drawn.

That's 7-8 hunts somewhere else between now and then, depending on where you put in.

Only you can decide if its worth the wait, but my concern, and the reason I burned 5 on Yuchi, was that we don't even know if PI will still be TWRA managed in another 10 years.

You could end up sitting on 15 points and putting them in for a hunt that requires 2-3 points to be drawn.

Latest posts