Presidents Island - After Hunt Question

Daddybucktn

Im headed to Presidents Island for this weeked. I'm an east tn hunter and understand that I will most likely have to donate the meat due to CWD. However if I am fortunate enough to get a wall hanger... where would I take it? Suggestions? Cross Posted in Taxidermy. Thanks!

Bucket

One good thing about the CWD area expanding is you can drop it at any taxidermist in West TN basically.

1.jpg

DoubleRidge

You can debone meat and pack on ice to transport home....and you can cape head out and cap the skull....cleaning skull plate very good before transporting....or bring a turkey cooker and boil the skull clean for a euro....or take it to a taxidermist in West TN and pay deposit and leave it..several options...good luck on your hunt!

Daddybucktn

Why would you have to donate the meat? I know lots of guys from eat TN that travel to unit CWD meat hunting.
We had a lease in Wayne County up until last year. They had big road signs on on the major routes that said... "Dead Deer Stay Here"... we figured it was because CWD and gave up our lease. I passed on a really nice 8 ptr last year as a result!