Choke tube grease question

Tenntrapper

I just received my CZ Bobwhite. I don't have much experience with shotgun choke tubes. What should I lube them with to keep them from sticking? Also, need a grease recommendation for the "contact areas". Any help would be appreciated.

infoman jr.

The type of grease you use isn't super critical on a fixed breech gun. I've used TW25b on my Citori action and choke tubes, but lately I've been using a tub of lithium grease from Advanced Auto. Don't go too crazy on the choke tube threads.

MickThompson

I use muzzleloader breach plug grease. Fill the threads and wipe the excess off with my finger. Never had one stick doing this. I don't grease anywhere else, as exposed grease/lube is a grit magnet.

Remington700

As long s you clean your gun regularly you wont need anything major. I use Rem oil to keep lubricated and clean regularly. Never had an issue.

REN

Ive shot shotguns for a very long time and never used any type of grease on my choke threads. I have always used a good oil lightly and never had an issue. I clean my shotguns though after heavy use so Im sure that helps in that.

Safari Hunt

I had a customer that used a gray anti-seize lubricant. Got a film canister full about 20 years ago. My father said it was the same stuff he put on spark plugs on C-47s. Sorry but don't know the brand name.

Woodman

I use grey anti-seize on my choke tubes and the breach plug in my muzzleloader. A little bit of it goes a long way.....not much of it is needed on the threads at all.

Latest posts