AR question.

Laserman1

Not saying I have one but if I had a Bushmaster carbon15 223/556 I've been told I could order a 300 blackout upper, remove 2 pins and swap it for the upper on it now. If this is correct will the upper from Bear creek have to be sent to a ffl holder? Is there much benefit to this instead of buying a complete 300 Blackout

DaveTN

Right now, they can ship an upper to you, the lower is a firearm and requires FFL transfer. The Feds are trying to change that so that everything must go though an FFL. They haven't got it done yet, that I'm aware of.
It should be easy to determine that on their website.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Yep. Good luck with BCA. 50/50 that the upper will be good. I know that some on here have had good experiences with them, but mine was far less than stellar. After months of fighting with them I finally got a mostly functional upper that WAS accurate, but it was a struggle

backyardtndeer

Yep, you can swap it out with just the two pins to detach upper from lower, and yes you can have it shipped directly to you with no ffl. I would probably not go with bear creek though, have heard lots of complaints on their stuff.

DaveTN

backyardtndeer

Depends on how much is in your budget. PSA is good. Ballistic advantage is good but probably a little more expensive. You can get discounts from ballistic advantage though, they had some really good deals recently.

LY

Get you one in .22 LR as well. A couple of Black Dog magazines and your 'buddy' has got new .22 for the kiddies (and 'himself').

It's the best way to get into new calibers,

Latest posts