Savage Axis 2 question

Tenntrapper

I recently picked up an Axis 2. Does anyone know how to date these things? Fairly certain it's pretty new...looks to be only fired a few times.
The reason the mfg date is important...it came with the factory junk scope, rings, and bases. It has 2 pc bases on it now...I need a one piece. The spacing on the 2 PC is too far apart for the scope I'm going to use.
That said...I need a one piece rail.
I've read that there was a change a couple yrs ago...screw size and possibly spacing. I need to know when made to order the correct rail.
I've looked on the web for answers, but not finding anything solid... something about no rhyme or reason to Savage's date code/serial numbers. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

DaveTN

Maybe this will help you...
  • Please note that as of 9/2021, Savage Arms has altered the drill hole pattern on newly manufactured Savage Axis rifles. Check the serial number on your rifle. For models manufactured before 9/2021 (Serial numbers below N936371), purchase the Pre 9/2021 compatible mount. For models manufactured after 9/2021 (Serial numbers above N936371), purchase the Post 9/2021 compatible mount.

Latest posts