Cheap Trail Cam recommendations??

Joe2Kool

I got a 4-pack of Muddy's for Christmas a couple years ago. They came from Rural King for $100. I've actually been very impressed with them. Even took them to CO on an elk hunt with me
I agree. For $30 each, they can't be beat. I've had very good luck with them. I've also had good luck with the Wildgame But, I lean towards the Muddys because they give you feedback they are working when you pop the SD in. With the WGs, you just gotta hope.

I used to use Moultrie. Ran some for several years. But, now they just don't last. Nothing but junk.

DeerCamp

Most cams these days will do what you want. Very good no cellular cameras have gotten pretty cheap.

however - just my thoughts. It might be worth it to think about getting a stealthcam. They are great for keeping an eye on things when you aren't around, and you can get one for about $100.

Luke Blizz

I bought 3 from Academy when they were on sale... IIRC, the 11 or 12MP versions.... Paid around $18 each for them, all 3 allowed rainwater to get into the control mechanism, ruining the cheap camera, but also the expensive lithium batteries. Oh well.
Same hear, I received two muddys for christmas last year, didnt put them out till the end of may and went to check them a few weeks ago, one was full of water and Muddy want the sale receipt for warrenty makeup. Dont have the receipt from last Christmas

TheLBLman

This "deal" was just too good to pass up!

These are quality cams, only "cheap" now because they are prior year's models, inventory clearance factory direct from Browning.

Special factory direct deal from Browning, available, while supplies last to any of you.

These are last year's Ridgeline cell models, which initially had poor reviews dues to a poor initial quality control. Browning pulled them from the market, got the bugs worked out, and is now offering them with a 2-yr factory direct warranty.

Despite last year's poor reviews, I still wanted to try them because they are true invisible black flash. According to Browning, the difference in antennae reception is negligible over the the Pro Scout models. The only issue is you cannot use an extended antennae, but this is, imo, little issue at all, at least for me.

I believe these will be as good (or better) as the Pro Scouts, but with totally invisible flash.
The only small negative will be a little less battery life because black flash requires more.

Should be the very last "offer" on the linked page,
RIDGELINE COMBO - INCLUDES 2 PACKS OF BATTERIES + 32GB SE CARD
$119.99
No Sales Tax

Factory Direct Sale, Closeout, and Refurb Deals
Browning Trail Cameras now offers you a full line of trail cameras and related accessories to help you capture great images of the game on your property.
browningtrailcameras.com
browningtrailcameras.com

Also, that "SPEC OPS EDGE" (Non-Cell) is true invisible black flash, and this is a very good, high-performing cam for it's normal price range. Great value at $79.99 (while supplies last).

Latest posts