Case prep doesn’t have to suck

Jcalder

Looking around on Facebook the other day a guy had gotten the Frankford Arsenal case trim and prep machine. They finally pushed me over the edge and for what little I've played with it, I'm happy. Definitely worth the money.
099b2614e8b49dba62c957c473ef40c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jcalder

Hardwoodmaterials":9dou99ab said:
I have one and it makes case trimming and prep much faster. You just need a plastic container to set under the front to catch the shavings.
I've messaged a guy that 3D prints them. Hoping to hear back from him shortly. At the moment I've stuck empty bullet boxes under the cutter

AllOutdoors

Jcalder":1qjyk48c said:
Hardwoodmaterials":1qjyk48c said:
I have one and it makes case trimming and prep much faster. You just need a plastic container to set under the front to catch the shavings.
I've messaged a guy that 3D prints them. Hoping to hear back from him shortly. At the moment I've stuck empty bullet boxes under the cutter

Jcalder let me know if you find anything out or give me the contact info to the guy. I would love to have a 3d printed catcher.
Thanks
1f8c213d2c607a1d164be165f1e5d2e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Jcalder

AllOutdoors":37oawo3m said:
Jcalder":37oawo3m said:
Hardwoodmaterials":37oawo3m said:

Jcalder let me know if you find anything out or give me the contact info to the guy. I would love to have a 3d printed catcher.
Thanks
1f8c213d2c607a1d164be165f1e5d2e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Frankford-Arse ... 3056352244

I have him on Facebook but the eBay thing says he's away. I hate to order and it take awhile to come.

Hardwoodmaterials

I wonder how many of those he sells? I believe I'll stick with my $1 rectangle container to catch the shavings before I pay $25 for a plastic piece that does the same thing!

Jcalder

Hardwoodmaterials":1042s2zw said:
I wonder how many of those he sells? I believe I'll stick with my $1 rectangle container to catch the shavings before I pay $25 for a plastic piece that does the same thing!
I don't know how many he's sold but I have a primer catcher for my rock chucker he made. Huge upgrade over the factory tray. I'm sure if I looked around I have something here that would work just as good. I mounted my Lyman universal on the face of my table and always stuck a trash can under it and may do the same thing with this.

Omega

When I had to convert more .277 WLV cases i looked at that one, and just didn't like the sideways bit, so went with the lyman case prep station, beat the heck out of doing it by hand like I did for my first 1k 300 BLK cases.
FoKkZ45.jpg

Jcalder

Omega":2kax0foe said:
When I had to convert more .277 WLV cases i looked at that one, and just didn't like the sideways bit, so went with the lyman case prep station, beat the heck out of doing it by hand like I did for my first 1k 300 BLK cases.
FoKkZ45.jpg
not sure if yours trims or not but that was something I wanted. I looked at the hornady option but $450 is a lot to pay for no more than I'm doing

vonb

Not doubting the Franford Arsenal model. I bought the Giraud years ago and haven't looked back. Best money spent to reduce the most time consuming task in reloading.

Omega

Jcalder":3kp6wqzl said:
Omega":3kp6wqzl said:
FoKkZ45.jpg
not sure if yours trims or not but that was something I wanted. I looked at the hornady option but $450 is a lot to pay for no more than I'm doing

the silver part holds a Lee trimmer, but you could easily get an adapter for other trimmers. The motor is slower than a drill, so it has to use trimmers that don't shave off too much at a time or the case will stick.

Jcalder

vonb":6mkotqhm said:
Not doubting the Franford Arsenal model. I bought the Giraud years ago and haven't looked back. Best money spent to reduce the most time consuming task in reloading.
do you have to purchase the individual guides or do they come with the unit. I looked the unit up but wasn't sure what was included

infoman jr.

Hardwoodmaterials":3asmz8p2 said:
Area419 exists because those customers exist.

infoman jr.

I'll have a case prep center if I get back into loading any significant amount. A Chargemaster took a ton of work out of the process, but brass prep still sucks.

MUP

MUP":1swwbzab said:
I can make about any adapter that I need, being a machinist by trade, so I went ahead and just ordered the Lyman Express. ;)

I also found a side by side comparison test, and, although the Lyman didn't have the case trimmer included, it did have more accessories, more spindles, and was much quieter than the FA.

Hunter 257W

I'd like to get one of these machines some time just don't know which brand. I've always used the Forester hand cranked trimmer and am happy with it but like any hand cranked device, it's not fast. :) For making 22 CHeetah cases I've always used a hacksaw and file with the RCBS trim die to shorten the original Remington BenchRest Basic cases for the 1st trim while forming . That is not a high volume process for sure.

Another mechanized piece of reloading equipment that is on my bucket list is a case annealer.

Latest posts