Bradley county rut

CATCHDAWG

I'm pretty sure it's on the downhill side. Seeing a bunch of does without anything chasing or following. Bucks are just cruising and acting normal. What's the other southeastern's observations?

SteveJ

It's been weird for me this year in Bradley. Some days I see some bucks cruising and a little action, then some days I see bucks grouped together and absolutely nothing going on. I've not seen the action I saw last year. I shot a 10 pt yesterday (Thanksgiving) and he was all over a doe, stunk worse than any I've smelled, neck swollen, trees in his horns...so I don't know. Kinda off and on

CROW74

I'm in S.W. Bradley and it's been a little strange past couple of days. Hunted Wednesday morning and saw 26 deer in three hours. All does except for one really small 8 pt. and a spike.The 8pt.had his head on the ground like a bird dog but couldn't find what he was looking for. The spike was just clueless on what to do. And it has really went down since then. Kinda want to think the bigger bucks are locked down.

rifle02

Across the river in Hamilton County things have been very quiet for the last few days. Scrapes look like they've been hit but must be at night because nothing moving during the days.

Willysman

Been quiet in my neck of the woods this year. Very little action. Saw a spike after a doe one day. About it. Like that cleaning commercial says "Like it never even happened"

CROW74

Went this morning saw 12 yearlings and fawns. Went back out this afternoon and saw 2 yearlings and one fawn and right at last light punched the Ol buck tag. Nothing huge but he definitely needed to be culled.

PWoody

Friday morning through tonight saw several does and bucks, two 2.5 and a couple of 1.5. Didn't do anything rutty, best I could tell, but they were out and moving. Trail cam on a scrape I have is seeing less and less activity.

Rancocas

Two weeks ago I was seeing three different bucks on my trail cam. Never saw them in daylight. Since then they have completely disappeared off camera too. Still seeing some does on the camera during the night.
This whole season, so far, I have seen only one doe in the day time.

Latest posts