Blind Drawing Update

THE DUKE

As a government employee seen it a hundred times, the one's that get appointed in the higher poistions have no experience in what there controlling they just have a degree that says they do. They have run everyone off that had any experience and has worked up through the ranks for someone with a piece of paper.

scn

As a government employee seen it a hundred times, the one's that get appointed in the higher poistions have no experience in what there controlling they just have a degree that says they do. They have run everyone off that had any experience and has worked up through the ranks for someone with a piece of paper.
That may apply to some government organizations, but for the most part does not for TWRA. Over there, with the exception of one, everyone I know in a leadership position has the piece of paper but started at the bottom of the chain and has worked their way up over the years.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I don't know if it's good or bad, but the Commission rules over TWRA, kinda like the 5 families used to(maybe still do) run the mob. Political appointees rarely wind up being the best qualified to run what they do.

drake799

And you believe everything you see on Facebook? How nieve can someone be?
You can learn a lot off Facebook. Get off tndeer and check it out lol. If you honestly think they've taken all the blinds they're goin to. I wouldn't be calling anyone else nieve my man

West_Tn

And you believe everything you see on Facebook? How nieve can someone be?
Well in the actual proposal they passed they specifically worded it to leave it open ended to be able to change however and whenever they want to. They no longer have to make any new proposals or vote or anything at the committee meetings. If they want to take 5 blinds, 10 blinds, or every blind at every WMA next year they already have the OK to do so.

GUNNERX2

You can learn a lot off Facebook. Get off tndeer and check it out lol. If you honestly think they've taken all the blinds they're goin to. I wouldn't be calling anyone else nieve my man
No reason for me to engage in that train wreck of a social platform.
As to whether TWRA takes more blinds or not, that remains to be seen. I wouldn't doubt that they would if they so chose but at this point, it's pure conjecture.

WilcoKen

It is a slippery slope these bureaucrats have taken us down. I don't see any concessions coming back our way. Since 2020 the 2 drawings have only gone in one direction—and it's not our direction. And we are the ones that provide the funding for it.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
It is a slippery slope these bureaucrats have taken us down. I don't see any concessions coming back our way. Since 2020 the 2 drawings have only gone in one direction—and it's not our direction. And we are the ones that provide the funding for it.
No slope just Twra doing whatever they want
Business as usual

Twra sucks

WilcoKen

Planning on waterfowl hunting in Missouri next year
The rest of the time screw them
I'm headed to our new pit in the Bootheel tomorrow. Bought my MO license and even my duck stamp from MO. I won't even give TWRA the process fee they charge for the duck stamp. MO can have that too. I'm done with TWRA. All waterfowl $ I spend will go to MO. TWRA will not get my $ for deer licenses either—I'm a landowner exempt hunter. I have more regard for the federal government than I do TWRA—that's a sorry benchmark to compare them to. And they don't even match up to that.

Last edited:

GUNNERX2

I understand resentment toward TWRA and those that vow not to give them anymore money but you do understand that they receive money from the feds that you pay taxes on hunting and fishing purchases?
Don't cut your nose off to spite your face.

WilcoKen

Understood Gunner. But TN.Gov also states:
"Unlike most departments, which are supported by tax revenues, the TWRA is funded largely through the monies generated by licenses and permits purchased by hunters, anglers, and other outdoor enthusiasts."

Sportsmen fund the lions share. Not so much me anymore. My $ mean nothing in the overall picture but it's the most effective means I have of protesting what they've done for the last 2 years. If enough other people practiced this form of protest maybe they (TWRA/TWC) would listen. Realistically it won't happen though.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Realistically it won't happen though.
This is the big thing. We are a captive audience if we want to hunt or fish in state. We have to buy those licenses and permits to do so legally. I'll begrudgingly keep on buying my license annually for my own convenience so I can hunt and fish close to home, and thus do so more often than if I had to travel to another state.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I'm headed to our new pit in the Bootheel tomorrow. Bought my MO license and even my duck stamp from MO. I won't even give TWRA the process fee they charge for the duck stamp. MO can have that too. I'm done with TWRA. All waterfowl $ I spend will go to MO. TWRA will not get my $ for deer licenses either—I'm a landowner exempt hunter. I have more regard for the federal government than I do TWRA—that's a sorry benchmark to compare them to. And they don't even match up to that.
Bought my stamp in ky

Latest posts