Blind Drawing Update

younggun308

2-Step Enabled

To Sum Up: if you didn't put a given blind as your #1 pick, there was almost 0% chance you got picked for that blind.

Basically became a 1-entry drawing.

WilcoKen

Had i known it would've been done that way it would have changed the way I applied. They should, at a minimum, re-do the draw according to the terms we were given prior to the draw date.

WilcoKen

To Sum Up: if you didn't put a given blind as your #1 pick, there was almost 0% chance you got picked for that blind.

Basically became a 1-entry drawing.
Yep—When a person has virtually 0% chance off drawing how can they say the draw was done in a fair manner?

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
What strikes me is they wouldn't have test run it with the data, run summary stats, and caught it as a red flag.

Heck, you could fairly easily simulate the data and had the same 83+% blind allocated fo #1 picks.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
And since people have already started construction, it's too late to redo the draw. How about we fix the draw process by going back to hand held drawings. To err is human. To really screw things up takes a computer and an unwillingness to test stuff adequatley to start with.

MickThompson

The reality is draw odds were extremely long anyways even without the vendor screwing everything up. They guy that picked a random mid to low tier blind as his #1 accidentally upped his odds of getting any blind but had no better chance of getting a top tier

Edited to say I'd still be upset though

Last edited:

Pic IN the Casa

2 years of computer draws and 2 years of screw ups.

I have zero faith that the guys that selected all those gar holes as their first choice are going to kill ducks. They clearly don't know much about it.
The commission will never admit they were wrong. They'll pat each other on the back and go to Hooters and chuckle at us peasants.

Stlbaseball1

Lol, as if he wrote the algorithm for the drawing.
Look I know he didn't write it. But he has been in charge of this cluster from day 1. There has been misinformation, unmet promises, glitches, lies, etc. Its been a disaster. I can't imagine being on the commission and having to respond to these mishaps over and over and over. Something like this without someone getting fired only happens in government.

WilcoKen

That is as much of a horse sh!t statement as I've ever seen. Just tell me how equitable this drawing was. Yea, our vendor screwed up but you wouldn't have gotten a blind anyway. BS!
Yep. A screw up is a screw up. Just because it was random doesn't mean it wasn't a major screw up. There is no way TWRA can polish this turd.

drake799

Hear they're have a investigation into the matter now. Most likely nothing will ever come of it but still Lot of pissed off people keeps me hopeful something will.

Latest posts