Black Bear - Looking for a hunting partner

Lt.Dan

I agree with Timberjack. Why would you drive all the way up there when South Cherokee is just up the road?
I guess because it's where we want to go. And because nobody stepped up and offered any specific areas when we first started talking about going bear hunting. I had this place we are going from another hunter who has been there and offered the location. South Cherokee is a big place. We don't want to just go to less than good areas on somebody's say so to go to South Cherokee and not offer at least a general area.

Last edited:

timberjack86

I guess because it's where we want to go. And because nobody stepped up and offered any specific areas when we first started talking about going bear hunting. I had this place we are going from another hunter who has been there and offered the location. South Cherokee is a big place. We don't want to just go to less than good areas on somebody's say so to go to South Cherokee and not offer at least a general area.
We spoke at the beginning of March thru PM, I went back and looked, I would gladly point you in the right direction on South Cherokee thru a PM if your serious about going. Can't guarantee you'll see one but you'll be in a good position to.

Lt.Dan

We spoke at the beginning of March thru PM, I went back and looked, I would gladly point you in the right direction on South Cherokee thru a PM if your serious about going. Can't guarantee you'll see one but you'll be in a good position to.
Thanks, but we are all set for where we are going. We saw tons of fresh sign this spring. Not saying that it will be the same come October. But the area we are going is a great spot and the locals hunt it also.

Tn_Va_Hunter

Dang. And here I have 3 that comes rips my door off the building to get to my trash on a weekly basis. I live right in town. So unfortunately no hunting them from my house. But about 1/2 up the road the town limits end. Never understood why the town did that. We have a new mayor. Just happened to be my neighbor and good friend. Believe I'll get a talk in with him.