Black Bear - Looking for a hunting partner

Clintos1980

Hello everyone. I am new to these forums. Glad to be here. Please let me know if there is a better place for this topic/question.

I harvested a black bear in Virginia last year, and I am hooked. I want to hunt a black bear in East TN without dogs. I know how difficult this can be. I have done my research and I am not trying to debate how silly this hunt can be. I am already committed to it and I am willing to put in the work. I am confident that I can scout well enough to find bear activity given enough time, but I am concerned about two things:

1) I don't like the idea of being solo in bear country, even if we're just talking black bears
2) If I/we end up harvesting a bear, I definitely like the idea of having help getting it off of the mountain and sharing the harvest

So, my question is...is there anyone who would be interested in hunting black bear with me in East TN in 2024? Possibly scouting some this year, but also scouting and hunting next year.

If anyone is interested, I'll give you my contact info so we can get to know each other and plan.

Thanks,
Clint

Lt.Dan

This is great!

I wish I were younger, I'd be all over this 👍👍
Y'all gonna hunt em' with a switch ? A knife? A Bow or a muzzleloader?🤣

Keep us posted , this should be a great trip..

Y'all have seen Deliverance… right?

Good Luck & take plenty of pics!
The place I know about is bow only. I'm gonna use a crossbow but always have back up

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
2-Step Enabled
Be registered for 14 days (previously 28), and have a least 15 posts.