Black Bear - Looking for a hunting partner

sneakybow

I killed a choc/ blonde with a white diamond throat patch last week here in Idaho. Not a big bear, but I liked the color and the markings of it

Attachments

• 20230619_215232.jpg
    20230619_215232.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 72
I am in Scott county TN and I am wanting to hunt some black bear. I know some areas to go if you all are able. It is in Pickett state park and it will be bow only unless they change it.
I'd be more than up for coming up to scout with you sometime. It's about two hours from here in oak ridge. I'm having trouble deciphering where I can even hunt up there that isn't private. For a minute I thought Pickett state forest was ok but then I saw somewhere that said it wasn't. So I don't know who to believe. I know it's overrun with bears I just don't know where to start

TNGRIZZLY_

2-Step Enabled
I'd be more than up for coming up to scout with you sometime. It's about two hours from here in oak ridge. I'm having trouble deciphering where I can even hunt up there that isn't private. For a minute I thought Pickett state forest was ok but then I saw somewhere that said it wasn't. So I don't know who to believe. I know it's overrun with bears I just don't know where to start
Come on up buddy and I will show you some areas.
Pickett state Park is open during bow season for several days

TNGRIZZLY_

2-Step Enabled
Sent you a pm

timberjack86

Yeah, a spring season and legal baiting would do wonders for you guys. I mean, people are feeding them anyways lol.
Either here in Tn, Georgia or North Carolina. Whichever State does it will make massive $$$. Lots of people traveling out west for a spring bear hunt would come South.

Lt.Dan

Keep watch on this thread. I will post when and where we are going scouting. It will be in September probably. Little Oak Mountain near Bristol

Lt.Dan

I know it's short notice. But we are going to get a lay of the land around Little Oak Mountain this weekend. We have decided to hunt in October this year, if everything goes well. We are going to go during gun season instead of archery.

timberjack86

I know it's short notice. But we are going to get a lay of the land around Little Oak Mountain this weekend. We have decided to hunt in October this year, if everything goes well. We are going to go during gun season instead of archery.
I just noticed your from Chattanooga, your driving right on past good bear hunting heading to Bristol. Just letting you know.

Latest posts