Better than finding a $20 bill in the dryer

megalomaniac

When you find a wild turkey breast in the back of the freezer you didn't know was there!

Cut into nuggets/straps, soaked in pickle juice plus blue cheese dressing for 5 hours, then deep fried in peanut oil!

Good day!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230218_135012_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230218_135012_Gallery.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 56

megalomaniac

If you guys have never tried soaking turkey nuggets in dill pickle juice plus ranch dressing before, you really MUST.

I didn't have any ranch on hand, so I substituted blue cheese... and it was just as good.

The all time best dill pickles are Grillo's. They have hunks of real dill weed, garlic slices, and other spices in with the pickles. Save the leftover juice for the turkey nuggets!

Chickenrig

If you guys have never tried soaking turkey nuggets in dill pickle juice plus ranch dressing before, you really MUST.

I didn't have any ranch on hand, so I substituted blue cheese... and it was just as good.

The all time best dill pickles are Grillo's. They have hunks of real dill weed, garlic slices, and other spices in with the pickles. Save the leftover juice for the turkey nuggets!
I believe i have one vacuum sealed in the back of the freezer as well!! I have never even thought of that for a marinaide but hell i love dill pickles and blue chz. I sure will give it a try before spring bird season comes in .
Thanks Mr Meg🧐

RoyalPrudent

We use pickle juice to marinate chicken pretty regularly now. Looking forward to doing it with turkey this year. We either keep jars after it's emptied of pickles, or you can buy just the brine in some cases.

Last edited:

BPhunter

Good for you megalomaniac. On the other end of the spectrum I opened my freezer to a horrible smell today. It had come unplugged and I lost A LOT! You win some and lose some I guess.
I have a freezer in my side by side refrigerator, a large freezer in the pantry, and another freezer out in my wood shop. Well, when we go hunting we basically shut down the property. Turn off the well, turn off most of the breakers in the house except for the refrig & freezer, turn off the breaker to the big main shop. Got back from hunting 9 days later, went in to the wood shop to get a deer roast from the freezer, without thinking before I left, I also turned off the power to the wood shop! You ever see an old man go bat crap ballistic?! All of my deer & elk and some beef.....@#@^$$#

BPhunter

Speaking of better than finding $20 in the dryer.
I lived at one time in Kremmling Colorado. Directly across the road was tens of thousands of acres of BLM & National forest. My son took is dog in the truck and went spotting for wildlife. While they were out walking the landscape, it was winter and snow covered, the dog started digging and sniffing in the snow. The boy didn't pay much attention and just let him sniff and dig. The dog walked up to him with a $50 bill in his mouth! He came home a very happy lad and the dog got a big treat. Told my son, next time, I'm taking him for a walk 🤣