Best Scope

Jowens

I wouldn't even consider Minox. I owned 3 and all of them ended up failing to hold zero.

Vx2 or vx3 are great scopes, zeiss conquest, sightron, vortex viper, super sniper, bushnell elites are all great choices in your price range.

Hunter 257W

Regarding Leupold toughness, I have an old (1987) VariX-II 3x9 40mm Adjustable Objective that has been mounted since new on my 460 Weatherby rifle.
I've fired probably 200 of the full pressure 500 grain loads and at least as many shots fired using a 300 grain bullet at about 2900 fps. For anybody who thinks their 300 Mag recoils, this rifle pulled the rear rings off the base with only 3 shots the 1st time I took it out to shoot. I looked down and the scope had moved forward about an inch along with the rear ring. It simply pulled the ring through the metal of the groove on the under side of the windage screw heads of the rear base. Luckily there were thicker than normal head screw available and after putting them in with Red Loctite and torqueing them as tight as I dare, it has held without further incident. Anyway, regarding the scope, it has remained one of my clearest scopes even compared to other "identical" scopes and has never shifted point of impact.

BAMA BOW MERKER

Yep. I was torn between the 3.5-10x 50 and the 4.5-14 x 40. Wanted the 50mm and the extra magnification. Figured might as well get what I want. Just don't tell the boss lady :)

BAMA BOW MERKER

Wes Parrish said:
BAMA BOW MERKER said:
Yep. I was torn between the 3.5-10x 50 and the 4.5-14 x 40.
Ah, but you could have had the better of both worlds with the
2-12 x 42! :)

Saw that on the VX-6, very sweet. The price tag on this VX-3 was already pushing it, the VX-6 was definitely too high for me.

Latest posts