BBQ Sauce recipe

BigAl

Same as before. Looking for suggestions for BBQ sauce ingredients to up my game and flavor profile. Here is my existing recipe. I have been know to just substitute my rub for the last 6 ingredients (especially when I don't have Tiger seasoning). Have also added molasses thicken/sweeten and water if thinning is needed. Ideas?

Current recipe:
64 oz Catsup
2 cups Rub
1 cup Apple cider Vinegar
1 cup white vinegar
1 – 12 oz can Beer
8 oz Worcestershire sauce
1 tbs Tabasco Sauce (or to taste) or hot sauce
¼ cup Lemon Juice or 2 fresh squeezed
½ cup Honey

1 cup Light Brown Sugar
1 tbs Ground Cumin
1/4 cup black pepper
1 tbs Tiger Seasoning
1 tbs Yellow Mustard
½ teaspoon cayenne or ancho chili powder

double browtine

Here you go. It has all 3. The rub, the mop sauce and the BBQ sauce. It's amazing!

Attachments

• IMG_6872.jpeg
    IMG_6872.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6873.jpeg
    IMG_6873.jpeg
    284.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6871.jpeg
    IMG_6871.jpeg
    377.1 KB · Views: 19

TboneD

Although we use tomato based sweet sauces I rarely make em from scratch. So although I'm not experienced enough to know if I'd like your ratios, from your ingredients I'd probably only add some sautéed onion and maybe some of the meat drippings after skimming fat. Or in lieu of drippings a bit of stock made from the trimmings might help, and if not for a contest or smoked ribs I might add a tiny bit of liquid smoke to the stock. I'll have to try your sauce. It really sounds good.

JCDEERMAN

Had to dig this one up. It's from 2011, but I remember a lot of hype about @rabbit hunter 's bbq recipe.

BigAl

Had to dig this one up. It's from 2011, but I remember a lot of hype about @rabbit hunter 's bbq recipe.

Looks good. I might start with this and add ingredients if I feel it needs something.

Latest posts