Rabbit recipe

09FX4

Anybody have a good rabbit recipe? I tried frying some last year and wasn't a fan, it was very tough and not a whole lot of flavor. A buddy is going to try some in a crock pot but I wanted to check with you guys first.

09FX4

One morning about 4am while I was drinking coffee waiting to go deer hunting I turned on the tv and this guy was on PBS cooking rabbit. It looked great so I tried his recipe and it's about the best I've ever made. Google Jacques Pepin rabbit with mushroom and onions and give it a try.
Good looking recipe, thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to give it a try

TAFKAP

Anybody have a good rabbit recipe? I tried frying some last year and wasn't a fan, it was very tough and not a whole lot of flavor. A buddy is going to try some in a crock pot but I wanted to check with you guys first.

Leave the crock pot alone.

I did an old Italian recipe for Italian fest a couple years ago, and it did very well in the competition. Italians probably consume more rabbit than any other country. The first time I had it, this was what it was.

You're going to have to hit the "Translate to English" button on this one. But basically, chop & cook a bunch of aromatic veggies & herbs in red wine. Let it cool, and marinade your cut up rabbit pieces overnight. Brown them in a cast iron pot, then remove. Dump your marinade in, scrape the bottom of the pan, and put the rabbit pieces in to braise for a few hours in the marinade.

Boll Weevil

Dress, quarter, ice water soak then boil in saltwater…skim the frothy stuff off as it collects. The meat will wanna fall off the bone. Pick off the meat, salt pepper flour and flash fry. Top of my list for good eats. Simmered in gravy is over the top with rice and biscuits.

Plan on a nap.

Last edited:

Mud Creek

If I fry it I usually have 2 ways that I go back and forth on. I will either fry it up like it's Nashville Hot Chicken or do it like it's chicken parm over pasta. I'd rather grill them though. Grilled rabbit is dang good!

I can't really say I have a recipe because I've done it so many different ways and most all of them were great. Even just grilled rabbit backstraps with SPG is mouth watering. We used to skewer the backstraps, season them, then wrap in bacon and put them on the grill..Couldn't beat it! I miss having a good pack of dogs and having places to hunt!!

Latest posts