At what age did you start deer hunting

TNRazorback

39 - Hunted small game and fished since I could walk. Moved from backwoods Arkansas to Memphis as a pre-teen and got away from it all. Found My way back to it though. :)

Vince

Mudbone":19wzt5ah said:
Vince":19wzt5ah said:
36. Now 40. Yet to kill one.
Do you do any bow hunting Vince?
I'd be glad to take you along with me. I've got a feeling I could get you a deer! ;)

Thank you, Mudbone. Yes, I do have a crossbow and have gone out few times with it. My issue is not being able to see a deer to shoot it. This season was the first time I used an app during hunting, and every time I went out, the wind was adverse. But Since I could go only on weekends, I went anyway as I know I can't shoot one from the couch anyway.

Thanks again for helping me out.

Vince.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I was 40 when I went for the first time, and I think it was my 3rd time going that I shot my first deer. I was hunting out of a duck blind on the farm, and saw a one antlered fork horn across the field. He walked up in the woods, and then seemed to come back out a few seconds later. The only antler I could see was on the side that the one that walked up in the woods had, so I thought he'd be a good one to start out with and shot him. You guessed it, when I walked up, he had both antlers, and was a gorgeous 4 point with tines 4-5 inches long. I still have that rack hanging on my wall.