At what age did you start deer hunting

foodplot

wow!
some of you guys were fortunate enough to have someone take you when you were young that is great.....!
you should be grateful to the one who introduced you to deer hunting and took time to take you....
My son killed his first when he was 9

MickThompson

16. Dad hunted small game a little but never deer or turkey. I was introduced to hunting by a family friend, but college, beginning a career, getting married, and doing all this east of Knoxville where there are more Elmers than deer in the woods really put a damper on things.

It feels like I've died and gone to heaven with all the good hunting opportunities between Nashville and Knoxville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John.M

My dad took me once when I was 8 or 9. We didn't see a thing - mostly walked through the woods looking for sign/tracks. I carried his Ruger 44 carbine ("Deer slayer" I think is the model name - either official or unofficial).

I went with a couple of buddies in high school several times. Growing up in Arkansas where we lived, it was buck only. I never saw a single buck, and only a handful of does. I just thought it was an excuse to camp in the middle of the woods, and get drunk.

When I returned from Germany in 2002, my boss at Fort Knox talked me into hunting in one of the draw hunts on post. I killed my first deer - a little doe - at the age of 26. I didn't hunt for the next two years while I was in grad school, but have hunted every year since. I'm 41 now.

TN Larry

I was 10 when I first started and killed my first at 11. I am 36 now. It seems back then that the first few years that kids only went on the juvenile hunt.

My son and daughter both started and killed at 6. My son is 10 this year and been with me every weekend since juvenile. He has killed 14 deer total, and I told him that he needs to realize how fortunate he has been and not take it for granted. My daughter is 7 this year but not wanted to hunt.

14deerhunter

I started hunting with my dad when I was 5 or 6 and actually getting to hunt and shoot I was either 8 or 9 my first juvenile hunt I killed a 4 pointer will never forget it I would scare more deer off hunting with dad before I could cause I would get to excited and say dad a deer and point and they would either hear me or see me lol

Snake

Early twenties as no one in my family deer hunted but we did small game hunting . First two deer I killed was at Fort Benning Ga. as a guest . First buck in '84 spike in Tellico decided that I finally had scored there so I was done climbing those mountains . Same year in Meigs killed my biggest to date a 11 point also killed a 5 point in Meigs that year as I was on cloud nine . Went a few years before I killed another buck I think in '87 killed a real nice 8 point . Started hunting middle Tennessee couple years after and thought I had went to deer heaven . Been blessed I think I killed deer in about 18 different counties nothing like da though. 63 now and getting old but still like to hunt but my aliments limit me some .

lightsareout

My first year hunting was when I was 14; this used to be the age in Michigan - there wasn't even a youth hunt then. (16 years ago)

But I was going out and sitting with my dad probably around 7 or 8, awesome memories I will never forget.

Latest posts