At what age did you start deer hunting

Jcalder

Started in 98 at 12. Killed a deer my first 2 hunts. Spent the next couple years figuring things out. Killed my best at 15. Still figuring it out lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunter 257W

I was about 14. Am 57 now. No adult in my family hunted seriously and it was just me and my cousin who started deer hunting. We had to beg some adult to drive us to the woods the 1st couple of years because we were too young to drive and back then you had to go somewhere else to deer hunt because deer numbers were so low in most of the state. I honestly do not remember my 1st deer either because of the chaotic nature of those early hunts. :) I do know that I was 28 when I finally got a buck decent enough to have it mounted and by today's standards it's laughable. It was very memorable however because I got it with my 460 Weatherby and handloads with the Barnes original style bullet in 300 grain weight and 120 grains of IMR 4350 for somewhere around 2,900 ft sec.

Coldfusion

Dad started taking me each year somewhere around 13-14 I think. Took a couple seasons to get a kill. I'm 30 now and still learning every season.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Remington700

I was 10 when I first started and will be 38 soon. I believe most people from that time will be around that age because of hunter safety requirements at the time. My daughter started when she was 9 and is now 10 and has killed 3 deer already. It is funny to me how the times have changed. They did not have much gear for hunters when I first started out. Now I think she has better stuff than I do.

huntinkev

10 when I deer hunted. Squirrel, rabbit, dove way before that. Probably 6 or 7 for small game. I'm 39 now and still love it.

Sent from my NX16A10132S using Tapatalk

double browtine

My dad carried me deer hunting when I was around 11. Killed my first deer, a doe, when I was 13. Then killed my first buck at 15. First buck has been my largest so far. I'm 45 now. First buck is my avatar image.

Os2 Outdoors

First gun kill 6 years old

First bow kill 9 years old (recurve)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

THEdonkey0515

10 years old I hunted a few Juvi hunts before I got my first & help Dad scout & hang stands years before I got my first as long as I can remember.

Killed my first deer setting with Dad when I was 12 years old.

Killed my first on an alone set when I was 15 years old.

dburt

About 37. :) I went on one hunt as a kid about age 12-14, up in a tree with no communication with my dad who was hunting a mile away...froze to the bone. Just had to wait for my dad to come get me, saw nothing probably cause I was shaking so bad - guess that experience was in part why I waited so long. One thing that helped convince me in my adult years was having 3 kids - suddenly, the meat my dad provided might not be enough......

280longshot

I was 13 when I got my first rifle and killed my first buck at 14. My family owned their own land and that is where I started. .

Latest posts