AR red dot / holographic sights

Jon54

PillsburyDoughboy":3kpoonjy said:
maddhatter82":3kpoonjy said:
NC star 3-9x42 has a red dot on top and illuminated reticle around 150 from Amazon with a quick release

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Good example of why I usually don't spend a great deal of time on these threads giving advice on optics . I will go to a long lengths to research and give my advice on quality optics only to have someone come in with some sub quality optic that appears attractive in price and everyone starts salivating over it.

It seems like the original OP is a little bit better versed in optics that to go for something like that. At least I hope he is .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, I appreciate your most helpful advice. I'm reasonably knowledgable in hunting rifle scopes but a defensive weapon like the AR is something I have zero experience with.

Wildcat

utfan1":dhepy1t1 said:
check out the eotech 512, can be bought for around that price if you look for a bargain. got one 3 years back for 329.00

I had one on my AR for years and no problem at all, fit the bill for everything I wanted.

A couple years ago when Kentucky open up coyote night hunting with lights and shotguns I put the EOtech 512 on my shotgun and using 3 1/2in Hevi-shot Dead Coyote it held it's zero all this time. I liked it so much I left it on the shotgun and bought another EOteach for my AR.

PillsburyDoughboy

Wildcat":blojq74d said:
LanceS4803":blojq74d said:
Burris FastFire III
If it can take the pounding on my turkey gun and retain zero, it should work for you.

Will it handle the 3 1/2 mag rounds?? My cousin is looking for something cheaper than a EOtech.

The Burris unit should .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roost 1

Good friend of mine has a like new Eotech 512 he wants to sell if anyone is interested.. Send pm and I can put you in touch with him.... I'm guessing at this but I'd say $340 gets it to your door with box and paperwork.. Maybe cheaper he wants move it...

TnTurk

TN Song Dog":b2pgw8fu said:
Burris fast fire 3 would be a good choice.

If ever wanted to put a long scope on AR later, could mount the fast fire at 45 degrees for close encounters. It could also be placed on a pistol or shotgun later if ever wanted to.

I have a eotech 512 that has been very good and solid, but swapped to a 2x7 scope for my predator hunting. The 512 is too big to mount at 45 degree, so it sits in closet currently. I did buy a mount to put on my shotgun, but it sits a little high for my liking. Took it back off shotgun the same day.
I've been thinking about putting a 2-7 scope on my ar-15 for predator hunting as well. What would you recommend?

Wildcat

TnTurk":1qy233qa said:
TN Song Dog":1qy233qa said:
Burris fast fire 3 would be a good choice.

If ever wanted to put a long scope on AR later, could mount the fast fire at 45 degrees for close encounters. It could also be placed on a pistol or shotgun later if ever wanted to.

I have a eotech 512 that has been very good and solid, but swapped to a 2x7 scope for my predator hunting. The 512 is too big to mount at 45 degree, so it sits in closet currently. I did buy a mount to put on my shotgun, but it sits a little high for my liking. Took it back off shotgun the same day.
I've been thinking about putting a 2-7 scope on my ar-15 for predator hunting as well. What would you recommend?

I recommend the Nikon P-223 scope 3-9 and the Nikon XR AR scope mount. Cabelas has them both on sale now.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/nikon-p- ... 330873.uts

http://www.cabelas.com/product/nikon-m- ... ope+mounts

I myself have the Nikon P-223scope 4-12 on my Rock River Arms ATH and it's prefect for me.

280longshot

I guess I'm to old to keep up the new accessories and technology on these AR'S and it's amazing how much knowledge yall have. Give me a old A2 or A1 with iron sights and I can hit anything I want to out to 500 meters.
That what I trained with and I'll never forget.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

infoman jr.

280longshot":2dbycxv9 said:
I guess I'm to old to keep up the new accessories and technology on these AR'S and it's amazing how much knowledge yall have. Give me a old A2 or A1 with iron sights and I can hit anything I want to out to 500 meters.
That what I trained with and I'll never forget.

Pics of 100 yard groups?

280longshot

I was referring to my younger years when I shot in the marines. ...I'm sure I couldn't do it now with my aging eyes.
200 yrds was the closest we shot.
200 yrds off hand, 300 yrds, and 500 yrds.

PillsburyDoughboy

280longshot":rlyxigfz said:
I was referring to my younger years when I shot in the marines. ...I'm sure I couldn't do it now with my aging eyes.
200 yrds was the closest we shot.
200 yrds off hand, 300 yrds, and 500 yrds.

Yeah 20 years ago I could hang with you on iron sites.

I tried shooting a primitive Muzzleloader with irons last summer and struggled to see the front site, right then I realized my iron site days were over for the most part for any pin point accuracy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts