AR recommendations?

Hawk103161

I have a PSA ar15 upper and lower in 556. Then I have a 6.5 grendel BCA upper side charging ar15 with a PSA lower .Then an AR10 .308 BCA side charging upper with a BCA lower. Probably gonna change out the trigger at soem point. Love them all 3. Agree with @Swampster step up to a ar10 in .308 (It is heavy) can get all size mags for it. I carry 10 round mags for hunting have a couple 5 rounders too. Really like the side charging models from BCA. Also agree not all lowers are identical. Many have different trigger configurations and some different mags just don't work right. I know some of y'all don't like BCA but I've had nothing but good experiences with them. As with all of them. Give them a good going over when you get it done checking all the push pins and nuts,

DC219

I just bought a Ruger SFAR chambered in .308 with a 16 inch barrel and have been very happy with it. The weight is very close to that of my M-4 platform and it's very accurate with a variety of factory loads, as well as hand loads. Its cycled everything I've put through it without issue. I've settled on a 130 grain Barnes ttsx handload that will make a great all around big game load.

Tn_Va_Hunter

I have a smith and Wesson sport that I like a lot. I also built a PSA rifle. It's very nice. No issues what so ever. They usually have some pretty dang good deals on blemished guns. That's what I bought. I couldn't find anything wrong with it at all

backyardtndeer

I just bought a Ruger SFAR chambered in .308 with a 16 inch barrel and have been very happy with it.
I wondered how those would do, time will tell. The Remington r25 gen 2 was also lighter and shorter than the standard dpms platform. They sold a bunch of them, but they weren't compatible with the standard dpms uppers and even the barrels were different. I considered building one, but then thought I really prefer having the options of the standard dpms platform. Whatever way a person goes, ar's can be built or upgraded to be extremely accurate.

SSlater

I just bought a Ruger SFAR chambered in .308 with a 16 inch barrel and have been very happy with it. The weight is very close to that of my M-4 platform and it's very accurate with a variety of factory loads, as well as hand loads. Its cycled everything I've put through it without issue. I've settled on a 130 grain Barnes ttsx handload that will make a great all around big game load.
I'm going to pick one up in a 20". Looks like a fun platform.

DC219

I wondered how those would do, time will tell. The Remington r25 gen 2 was also lighter and shorter than the standard dpms platform. They sold a bunch of them, but they weren't compatible with the standard dpms uppers and even the barrels were different. I considered building one, but then thought I really prefer having the options of the standard dpms platform. Whatever way a person goes, ar's can be built or upgraded to be extremely accurate.
If you watch YouTube, you'll see a number of cycling issues. I think the first run of them didn't have the gas block ironed out. Apparently, they've changed that. I bought it knowing I may have to get the new part from Ruger. The rifle I got is a winner. Most surprising is the consistency between different ammunition.

troutbum84

I got an email from Rural King earlier this week and saw an Sig M400 around $850 or so. I also have a few palmetto builds and have had zero issues with any of their parts. When buying uppers from them, some have bolt carrier group included- some don't for roughly the same price.

I also bought a Rise Armament drop in trigger two years ago and love it. You can catch them on sale pretty regularly for $99.

Latest posts