Bipod recommendations

TboneD

So I just looked at Bass Pro and noticed there's a LOT of options. All I want is a fairly lightweight one that's not too expensive to attach to my Savage 270 via the sling swivel stud. Harris or Caldwell? Doubt I'll ever elk hunt. Just mainly want one for the range. TIA

Billboy

Either of those would work well for bench shooting. The Harris may be slightly better quality. For bench shooting, I use a rear bag and Caldwell Rock Deluxe front rest. For hunting, I usually carry a BOG bipod which is perfect for sitting position. It's also lightweight and just straps to the side of my pack.

infoman jr.

Mine is a Harris Swivel 6-9" with notched legs.

This is a very needed addition: https://www.shortactionprecision.com/products/harris-swivel-bipod-locking-handle

I also put these on mine: https://hawkhillmachine.com/collections/bipod-feet

A friend has a Caldwell swivel and it performs just as well. The Harris was on eBay and I got it for the cost of a Caldwell.
This is a cheaper alternative to the tension lever:

I'm working on setting up the machining process for some bipod feet. They should be for sale in a few months. 😎
ee1SC2O.jpeg

Last edited:

Tenntrapper

This is a cheaper alternative to the tension lever:

I'm working on setting up the machining process for some bipod feet. They should be for sale in a few months. 😎
ee1SC2O.jpeg
Looks like ED-209's feet.... 😂

IMG_20240227_152920.jpg

Huntaholic

You know why they all say "just as good as a Harris"? Buy once cry once, get a Harris. Ive actually got 3 sets, a 6-9, a 12 or 13-24 or 25 and the longest set.

TNRifleman

Watch ebay for a SPartan Precision. Weighs about nothing and is the perfect hunting bipod. Magnet attachment where you simply carry the bipod and drop it in its receiver when needed.
MG Lite.jpg

Latest posts