300 win mag recommendations

parch

I have my Christensen in 300 win mag and it is also I shot the nosler 190gr long range accubonds in it. I also have the bergara hmr 20in 308 and the wilderness ridge in 308 they shot as good but are heavier.

parch

4B2D9FC4-5B5A-48F7-9286-A858011E45CC.jpeg

Jcalder

If snow & ice are any kind of consideration, Savage is possibly one of the worst choices. Closely followed by anything with a rem 700 style trigger.
Tikka, hands down, wins the ice challenge. The only issue is the short magazine length in magnums. No problem if you're feeding factory ammo, or loading to SAAMI lengths, but it doesn't give any flexibility for loading long slippery bullets.

You should call him out on some of his bogus opinions. Don't get me wrong, some of his tests are legit and should be considered. I've asked him a few questions and got blown off lol.

TNRifleman

What is his budget? I am super happy with the Bergara MG Lite but it is spendy. The Wilderness Ridge in 300 WM would be a great rifle that is on the lower end, and in the middle, the Bergara Premier Highlander is fantastic.
MG.jpg

Last edited:

Hduke86

What is his budget? I am super with the Bergara MG Lite but it is spendy. The Wilderness Ridge in 300 WM would be a great rifle that is on the lower end, and in the middle, the Bergara Premier Highlander is fantastic.
View attachment 162255
This is my next 300wm whenever I can brace myself to let go of the funds for it

Hduke86

Highly recommend Bergara Ridge
Ive had to go a different route with stock configurations in the last 3 years. Ive shattered my wrist more than once and having screws in and out of it have caused issues with bending my wrist to get a good comfortable grip on a normal rifle stock. Any big caliber round and I had to go towards a vertical grip so it doesn't kill my right wrist. All my normal stocked gun are small calibers and light recoil nowadays.

PillsburyDoughboy

Very Fond of 338 cal in Alaska unless you live on coastal regions Bears are big the 375/416 is a good rifle . Interior Alaska 300 WM and 338 WM dominate .
I would also add the Bergara Ridge would be a excellent pick .
Someone who actually gets hunting in Alaska . Good post !

Latest posts