.22 rifle recommendations

DaveB

Our pre-1985 Marlin Glenfield Model 60 actually cracked the buffer stop white plastic thing. I try not to think about how many rounds we sent down that tube. Still an accurate rifle. BTW, this was my first piece of gun work that I was able to do all by myself and it actually worked first time and still does.

bbqit

Weathersby will last a life time.

Attachments

• 72C6CB82-88AD-49E3-9106-CD8426CD7260.jpeg
    72C6CB82-88AD-49E3-9106-CD8426CD7260.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 41

RobDooley

There are many reliable semi autos.
However, I would never take anything for my Marlin Bolt 25N. I believed Ive had it since new for around 20+ years ago, so its old rusted but shoots groups dreams are made of with the cheap Thunderbolts. I opted for the black plastic stock years ago.
I believe they still make them with the micro-grooved barrels like mine. It took me several 50 count boxes to get the lead build up in the barrel, but once I did the groups continued to tighten. Never clean the bore unless it starts getting off poi. Naturally cant shoot as fast as the semi but the trade off of reliability and accuracy are worth it imo, and its easier to clean the action.
I have the Marlin 22 mag Model 25mn. Great gun. It has been in my safe for 25 years. May be time to sell.

RobDooley

Problem giving a kid a semi-auto... is some (not all) will create a tendency to rely upon the follow up shot. Thereby not taking a good first shot or concentrating....so on and so forth. Adults too!