AR-15

duckriver

If you're doing a pistol, 300 blackout is a fun round
85A1D093-7AF9-4755-B766-596620E49BB1.jpeg

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Yes. After my run in with those two thugs from Chattanooga last Fall I had to re-evaluate my vehicle preparedness. I have a carry handgun, but realized that, against two(or more) assailants it wasn't close to adequate.
I've heard a lot of folks say that a pistol is something you use to get to your rifle.

T. J. Mercer

Sounds like you've already done your homework. All I have to offer is ...

1) know the price ranges and determine what you want to spend, you can spend hundreds to thousands very easily.

2) my son (who at the time was 11 and 80 lbs soaking wet) killed his first buck with my FN-15, red dot plus a 3x flip out magnifier made it super simple for a juvenile hunter at a short to medium range, no scope relief issues, recoil is minimal, adjustable stock, just an all around excellent gun for younglings IMO.

3) I think your purpose of use will probably help you with any decision-making.

Best of luck.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Thanks for all the help and advice. I've ordered a stripped lower and a pistol kit. For what I'm wanting I think the compact pistol will fill the bill perfectly. View attachment 64796
Be patient on the shipping, the upper and kit got to me within a week. My lower was five weeks behind. When you get your kit check all your parts, I had a trigger disconnect missing, let them know and it arrived before my lower so no biggie.
The bolt release was a hair tight in the lower,1000 grit paper and oil and it's as smooth as butter.

Jcalder

Be patient on the shipping, the upper and kit got to me within a week. My lower was five weeks behind. When you get your kit check all your parts, I had a trigger disconnect missing, let them know and it arrived before my lower so no biggie.
The bolt release was a hair tight in the lower,1000 grit paper and oil and it's as smooth as butter.
I'm sure I'll be like a kid in the candy store when it gets here lol

Huntaholic

LOL just make sure you've got some candy (ammo) to feed it with! Ive yet to have a parts shortage on anything Ive ordered but in the event that you do, Ive got plenty of parts laying around.

Latest posts