AR-15

WTM

PSA makes some pretty good entry level with the freedom line, probably better than the mp sport 2. at least the forearm grips come with heat shields. i ran both pretty well here while back. no jams with mixed ammo and accurate enough to kill in a defense situation. keep in mind that most of these entry level rifles are over gassed but managable if you know how to shoot one correctly or fit an adjustable gas block.

myself i like the a2 style even with a red dot or whatever.

Jcalder

My main objective is gonna be a defense gun. I'm not looking to deer hunt with it but may coyote hunt. I like the fact I can get an adjustable stock to fit me, the kids, the wife, and anyone else without changing stocks. I'm not so sure I'll set it up with a scope but I'll probably do some type of red dot.

CATCHDAWG

I'll be the 3rd to recommend Rockriver. They are pricey but mine will cloverleaf at 100 all day long. Of course if your looking for a more defensive rifle vs a hunting rifle, that might not be as important. I'll also agree that PSA is a great gun for the price.

backyardtndeer

My main objective is gonna be a defense gun. I'm not looking to deer hunt with it but may coyote hunt. I like the fact I can get an adjustable stock to fit me, the kids, the wife, and anyone else without changing stocks. I'm not so sure I'll set it up with a scope but I'll probably do some type of red dot.
Any 16 inch carbine will work for that purpose. Classic actually had a couple in stock that might interest you. I have no first hand experience with either though. Heard kinda mixed reviews on the diamondback. The JRA is supposed to be pretty decent but both are in stock and under a grand.

duckriver

Mine too, best varmint gun I have. I also have a few "defense" AR's.

Might want to check out Classic Firearms. They have different brands coming in all the time and offer good prices.
Agreed. The one I built has a rock River upper. It's a tank

Huntaholic

PSA freedom line is a dandy entry level AR that will serve you well. If you step up in their lineup you can get chrome lined barrels. In fact they use FN barrels on some of their higher tier stuff and nobody makes a better barrel than FN. I own ONE complete factory rifle, a Colt 6920. Out of all the ones Ive got or had, the Colt is the sloppiest fit, least accurate AR Ive ever had. If things keep going and they keep rising in price I will sell it and the Acog on top of it for the right price.

Jcalder

Any 16 inch carbine will work for that purpose. Classic actually had a couple in stock that might interest you. I have no first hand experience with either though. Heard kinda mixed reviews on the diamondback. The JRA is supposed to be pretty decent but both are in stock and under a grand.
I looked at the jra. By the looks it's close to what I want and doesn't break the bank. The iwi mentioned earlier has my interest as well, since I like the hand guard that it has, but also has a chrome lined barrel.

Jcalder

PSA freedom line is a dandy entry level AR that will serve you well. If you step up in their lineup you can get chrome lined barrels. In fact they use FN barrels on some of their higher tier stuff and nobody makes a better barrel than FN. I own ONE complete factory rifle, a Colt 6920. Out of all the ones Ive got or had, the Colt is the sloppiest fit, least accurate AR Ive ever had. If things keep going and they keep rising in price I will sell it and the Acog on top of it for the right price.
I'm leaning heavily to the psa. Very few complaints out there on them.

Gravey

I'm not an AR guy but recently gave in. Have a buddy that has several and so I went to him. Just wanted a basic decent one so he had me order an upper from Palmetto State Armory and he had blank lowers that he put on a jig and completed. Took him a little over an hour to put it together. Haven't shot it yet but think it will do the trick.

Harold Money jr

I've had a Vietnam era A2 peep sights, a bushmaster cheap red dot and a DPMS with leupold red dot. My personal gun is a PSA 223 wylde 18" heavy barrel with vortex 1-8 scope. I would pick the PSA everytime.

Mausermeister

backyardtndeer

Pretty sure the group that owns psa bought Remington arms and with that also took dpms and bushmaster. No idea if fn is still making barrels for psa, but they should have the means with their acquisition to produce the same lines. Earlier this year there were some incredible deals to be had on bushmaster and dpms parts from trigger groups to barrels and complete uppers.

With that being said, sure psa puts out quality products.

DaveB

Okay, to start....
Starters.JPG

Notice a LULA, some 30 round mags, the caldwell speed loader and the handy size carrying case.

Then some raw materials
SAM_0165.JPG

Some really shiny things

SAM_0166.JPG

or a few ready-to-go

I'm saving up for a Lilja barrel

WTM

Pretty sure the group that owns psa bought Remington arms and with that also took dpms and bushmaster. No idea if fn is still making barrels for psa, but they should have the means with their acquisition to produce the same lines. Earlier this year there were some incredible deals to be had on bushmaster and dpms parts from trigger groups to barrels and complete uppers.

With that being said, sure psa puts out quality products.
PSA has all of their parts including barrels produced in house at DC machine. thats how they can sell them cheaper than other companies.

Latest posts