Anyone still shooting 12 gauge 3.5”

Spurhunter

A pound or two may not seem like that much on paper, but it seems pretty dramatic in the field.
I bought a 301 20 gauge, a choke, a reflex sight, and a box of TSS a few years ago. I was going with the lightest option I could find. I put it on the scale, compared it to my 12 gauge 870 and decided to stick with old faithful. I sold it to a member here, but kinda wish I would've kept it. The biggest property I hunt is 420 acres so I'm not walking 10 miles a day carrying a gun. I get it though.

FLTENNHUNTER1

Yep. Remmy 870 Super Magnum Max Gobbler with Knox stock.

IMG_6381.jpeg

Soft Talker

Still work my old mossy oak treestand ulti mag into the rotation each year. I hunt 3in, as I have found they pattern better than the 3.5's out of my gun. Win 6's and Fed 7's are extremely deadly out to 40 steps. I might not be as cool as the tss fanboy f#gs, but I will always be more than efficient as long as I do my part. At 6.2lbs, I'm not to much of a p#ssy to still tote it either. ;) Hell, several spots I hunt, I load with straight 7.5 "dove loads". Most all my setups are within 30 steps. If I get lined up on his neck, he is hard pressed to walk out of that pattern. Mines a 24in barrel, with the stock x full choke.

Last edited:

Iglow

Still work my old mossy oak treestand ulti mag into the rotation each year. I hunt 3in, as I have found they pattern better than the 3.5's out of my gun. Win 6's and Fed 7's are extremely deadly out to 40 steps. I might not be as cool as the tss fanboy f#gs, but I will always be more than efficient as long as I do my part. At 6.2lbs, I'm not to much of a p#ssy to still tote it either. ;) Hell, several spots I hunt, I load with straight 7.5 "dove loads". Most all my setups are within 30 steps. If I get lined up on his neck, he is hard pressed to walk out of that pattern. Mines a 24in barrel, with the stock x full choke.
No turkey takes a tightly choked load of at least 1 1/8 oz of #7.5 inside of 35 yds and comes out alive. It don't take a cannon to kill one.

Last edited:

Latest posts