Anyone hunting Kansas this year?

Vermin93

Nonresident draw entry deadline is tomorrow, 4/24.

$346.96 Nonresident White-tailed Deer Permit Fee + $72.50 Annual Nonresident Hunting License = $419.46 for one buck and one doe.

AT Hiker

Not this year, but I have been studying the Western side of the state for mule deer. Trying to find some quality private lands for a DIY hunt before I go for the tag. But that early season whitetail tag sounds good too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vermin93

cleatus2506":3ggxs6b3 said:
Planning on it! In for Muzzleloader tag, planning on hunting the early season down in the southeast part of the state.

That's the part of the state that I've hunted. I stayed in the Parsons area. If you don't fill your tags during the early muzzleloader season, you can go back during gun season in early December, but you still have to use a muzzleloader.

I did muzzleloader my first season in Kansas, but then switched to archery after that. Kansas is awesome for bowhunters because they get almost all of October and the entire month of November to themselves.

What units did you apply for?

Vermin93

Yes, DMU 11 has been a 100% draw every time I applied for it. DMU11 & 12 have always been my selections. The DMU's in the western half of the state that also have mule deer tags (DMU 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, and 17) are not a 100% draw, but some of them are pretty close to being 100%. Last year the toughest DMU to draw was DMU 3 (69% chance).

I bought a preference point for $20 this year. I'm planning to put in for a couple of the western DMU's starting next year.

That's awesome that you won a 6-day hunt. How did you win it?

Jarred525

I will be there. Units 4 and 5. Bowhunt around second week of November. Put in for my mulie tag as well. I have drawn for mule deer 2 out of the 6 years I have hunted. I focus more on whitetails, but want the tag in my pocket just in case I have the opportunity.

wiles

Results are posted online now. For those that have gotten mule deer permits before, will they be posted now as well? I put in for mule deer but it didn't have it listed at all

cleatus2506

Don't know about the mulies, but I got my muzzleloader whitetail tag! Gonna be in the stand on Sept. 14 waiting on a Kansas toad that don't know huntin season has started yet!

Latest posts