Less/delayed buck sign this year?

Andy S.

I'm finding average to above average buck sign, and a lot of acorns. Found it a little early for SW TN, and right on time for eastern west TN (TN River area). Few rubs from public ground. All in all, I have found better "concentrated" buck sign on public ground when compared to private. With that said, every year is different.

IMG_8010.jpeg

IMG_8012.jpeg

IMG_8008.jpeg

deerdills

Can we post where we are seeing or not seeing activity? thickets, mature hardwoods, crop fields, select cut, etc. This may help others. We have been seeing some hardwood activity daytime, and limited crop fields at night. South East

BSK

Can we post where we are seeing or not seeing activity? thickets, mature hardwoods, crop fields, select cut, etc. This may help others. We have been seeing some hardwood activity daytime, and limited crop fields at night. South East
We have food plots, but we don't hunt them much. A few older bucks were seen in and around food plots the first weekend of MZ, but even limited hunting pressure quickly pushed any food plot activity to the hours of darkness. The vast majority of our older buck sightings have been back in the thick stuff, with the occasional buck-chasing-doe through open hardwood ridges.

Ski

Other than my mock scrapes, the sign I'm seeing is inside thick cover.

R&T Farm

I'm finding few signs at my place compared to last year. I'm also seeing far less bucks.

I am seeing a lot of does. Zero being chased.

A couple days ago I had video of three bucks in the plot. No tension. I know several people that have told me the rut is on but it doesn't seem like it on my farm.

BSK

The lack of sign so many are reporting just baffles me. Honestly, I can't explain it. Usually sign peaks in big acorn years.

Latest posts