Anybody seen the new blinds?

cmn

I talked with someone from TWRA this afternoon that should be "in the know" on this. He told me the rumor that the contract had to be redone isn't true. As far as he knew, everything is still on schedule. I guess we will see in the coming weeks.
there is a heavy penalty for the company to Fail to have the blinds In place on time

Stlbaseball1

I assure you there has been a lot that has not been thought of. There is a reason nobody has ever seen blinds built like this before. Duck Hunters, who can be the most resourceful and also spend more money than makes sense simply would not build a duck blind this way. Period.

Quiet Mouse

…And at the total cost that it's going to end up costing the State they could've bought and/or managed existing State property to "increase opportunity". We are talking a very large figure.
From my understanding it's not costing "the state" anything, TWRA is pulling the funds from a federal wetlands grant. A grant that was meant to improve wetlands to help waterfowl. This rodeo doesn't do anything to improve wetlands habitat for waterfowl. I don't see how their allowed to use the funds for this but hey we all know the gov't does what they want most days.

West_Tn

On your local WMA's does the corn look better than it ever has in the fields that are now tier 2 TWRA blinds. The corn at Camden looks phenomenal in the fields TWRA took over. Way way better than it's been in many many years.

Makes you wonder how much effort they actually put into it in years past.

drake799

I would imagine a memo went around to everyone involved in the upkeep of the wmas to ramp up effort on the blinds they stole from us. I know in the past some of the corn crops I've seen looked like it was hand sown and whatever came up is what you got lol

drake799

Has anyone got a chance to see any of the new blinds yet? Or how far along they might be on them. With this rain coming I hope they're pretty far along. Grounds gonna be wet for a while if we get the rain they're talking about

Dodge Man

Has anyone got a chance to see any of the new blinds yet? Or how far along they might be on them. With this rain coming I hope they're pretty far along. Grounds gonna be wet for a while if we get the rain they're talking about

Attachments

• 69D212DB-6F2F-476F-8978-F79DD6365495.jpeg
    69D212DB-6F2F-476F-8978-F79DD6365495.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 7E0027DC-5099-4BBB-B851-A6C2C9AB8120.jpeg
    7E0027DC-5099-4BBB-B851-A6C2C9AB8120.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 101

Levee Jumper

So the boat shed is gonna be in the center?
Looks like the actual blind is going to be less than half the footprint of what there is to hide. Good thing the state is logging a portion of a local WMA. They have plenty of brush semi-local.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I guess I don't get it?
Since they are building on site, why not make it one big room then the boat hide on the back?

West_Tn

So the boat shed is gonna be in the center?
I believe the right side in the first picture is just floats for the boat shed. I don't think that's going to be a room or anything. I may be wrong, but kinda what it looks like.

Quiet Mouse

I guess I don't get it?
Since they are building on site, why not make it one big room then the boat hide on the back?
That requires too much common sense, not much of that rare talent being applied in this whole ordeal.
I predict this circus will be talked about for years to come even after the folks whom are responsible for implementing it are long gone

Latest posts