Food Plots Any downside to lime, fertilizer, planting 9 days, vs 24/48 hours, before rain

JAD

I planted 4 small 1/2 acre plots this past weekend. Win or lose, I had supplies and equipment all laid out and I just wanted to be done with it and quit waiting on the weather. I know it will rain sooner or later, and at least some of the seed will make it, and I'll have something growing. Maybe not my best, but something.

lafn96

1/2 in predicted tomorrow night for me; then a 50% chance of rain on Sunday. Planning on spreading fertilizer today and tomorrow and hope we get at least a 1/2 inch between tomorrow and Sunday. I have a few bags of wheat and oats; should I go ahead and overseed my plots with those, or wait a few more weeks?

DoubleRidge

Work schedule won't allow us to sow today...then we're out of town this weekend...so it's going to be another week or two for us...still the plan is to top sow cereal rye and winter wheat heavy and hope to have green plots at some point during the fall season.

Deer 1

I'm gonna throw some seed out too. Might disk? Just not hopeful enough to put too much work into it. Cereal rye, wheat, oats, aw he** I'm gonna throw everything into 1 last ha** marry for 2022 oats, clover, turnips!! Even gonna fertilize!!

BSK

The air is so dry, radar showed rain moving over my place last night, but rain gauge recorded nothing. Rain literally evaporated out of the air before it hit the ground. :mad:

Latest posts