Food Plots Fertilizer timeframe for clover

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
16 tons of lime and fertilizer spread by truck (by Co-op). I could get it done considerably cheaper by having lime truck come separately, but then not enough fertilizer for Co-op to bother spreading by truck. I don't have the time to make buggy trips from the Co-op to spread the fertilizer myself.
I sometimes will pick up a loaded buggy in the afternoon. I use the ground drive buggy and spread with my truck which saves a lot of time, especially when moving from plot to plot. Spread late, keep the buggy overnight and return it early the next morning or get a reload. No one has complained yet.

BSK

I sometimes will pick up a loaded buggy in the afternoon. I use the ground drive buggy and spread with my truck which saves a lot of time, especially when moving from plot to plot. Spread late, keep the buggy overnight and return it early the next morning or get a reload. No one has complained yet.
You've never seen the roads on my place! Pulling a top-heavy buggy across my place with a truck would be high on the "sweating bullets" meter. A big fat-tired spreader truck will make it with ease, but some of the steep hillsides and rutted roads could be a real challenge pulling a buggy.

Latest posts