ADDING WHEAT?

TREETOPPER

finaly getting some rain,ground was broke up real good about 4 weeks ago with a chissel plow.plan on going fri drag it good spread 320lbs of 13-13-13 and plant 1/2 a of easy plot[tetrploid rye grass,forage rape & clover].& 1/2 a of shot plot[forage rape & clover].was woundering if it would hurt to plant 50 or 100 lbs of winter wheat with it?

Excal Thumper

I planted rape, turnips, and winter wheat in all of my plots. I figure the wheat will pop up first and maybe the deer won't eat up all of the rest before it has a chance to grow. Same goes for my clover and chickory plot. I threw down some wheat on them also. Come spring time, I'll just run over the wheat in my clover plot with my trail mower set real high.

In_my_sights

Macon,Davidson, and anywhere else I can hunt
Go to your local coop and buy winter wheat, dwarf essex rape and some buck forage oats. More bang for your buck with better results. You could also drop in some ladino or any white clover variety. If you look at the rye seed % on your store bought mix you will notice it is more than 50 %. But any wheat or oat added wouldn't hurt a thing.