Winter wheat

hitek7

Weird how some deer are different than others. The deer normally walk though the wheat to get to our oats... Had about decided not to plant any this year, now I am not sure what I will do...

coachblair

My brother is Ryan Blair that did this research and he said it was amazing at how much the deer preferred the non bearded wheats. Don't know that it makes a lot of difference during the growing season as deer are eating the forage portion of the wheat but post seed production it is obvious which wheat they prefer.

Hunter 257W

coachblair":wwqfqm73 said:
My brother is Ryan Blair that did this research and he said it was amazing at how much the deer preferred the non bearded wheats. Don't know that it makes a lot of difference during the growing season as deer are eating the forage portion of the wheat but post seed production it is obvious which wheat they prefer.

Thanks for sharing. Information such as this goes a long way to explaining why deer may eat one hunters wheat plot and not even look at another wheat plot. They are both wheat but from a deer's perspective vastly different.

Latest posts