25 ACP Cartridge

Encore Eye Candy

I got to use a modified breech plug that uses a 25 ACP cartridge. For those that use the 209 primer you would not even consider using again. No smoke in the breech area or crud from blow back. I will take some pictures of the cases and post later to show that there is no blow back.

SAWDUST

cool aint it. thats what i have and it didnt cost me nothing but 10 cents a piece for the 25 acp cases.
its good to have a friend that owns a machine shop.
as u said its worth it just for the cleanness alone.

Encore Eye Candy

I do not know about accuacy but if you look at my post where I got under a two inch group at 197 yards (yeah I do call that luck).

But the cleaning, there is a difference. I'm not getting the blowback from primer like I did with the 209's. Not one time did smoke come from the breech area.

But this is my experience and my opinion only. Its like anything else if your happy with it, it appears you do better with it.

Model70Man

IMO, the advantage would be in the cold, if your hands are injured or you have large fingers. It was much easier handling the larger cases that's for sure. I have read though, where the 209 primers are actually too hot and "jump" the powder and projectile before the powder actually burns. That's why I bought the different breech plug. The 25 ACP, according to what I read, was just perfect for igniting the powder without the "jump".

Hmmm... Now you got me thinking again. Maybe I'll have to go back to the range and fool around with the breech plugs. I was using Pyrodex when I last tried the 25 ACP breech plug. Now I'm using 777. See what you started. :grin:

Encore Eye Candy

Model70Man
Keep in mind what work I've had done to my encore. 1. I did a trigger job and it is very light. 2. bigger hinge pin. 3. I had the QLA removed and my accual barrel length is 26" w/ recessed crown. 4. Put O-ring between barrel and forearm (artifical float) Do not tighten screws down tight, just snug. 5. this year added the 25 ACP.
Of all powders I have used I've gone back to loose and fffg

If you notice on other post I said 100 plus grs because my measurer only has 10 gr increments. I wish it had 5 gr increments. When I pour the powder just a little over because my groups close up vs. if I use just 100 or less they open up.

I have played with this ML for over 4 year and have put alot of money, time and sweat into it.

Model70Man

I've seen some of the pic's that you have posted and you definetly have dropped some $$$ into your Encores. Beautiful works of art for sure! The thumbhole stocks are awesome.

I have found with my Encore with 100 grains it groups about 2 inches at 100 yds. At 110 grains it really tightens up to 1 inch or less. Interesting your barrels work the same around 100 grains with the groups opening up and over 100 grains they tighten up.

Glad I read this thread. I forgot about my breech plug until I read it and have to give it another shot with 777 instead of pyrodex. When I go back to the range I'll try the 25 ACP breech plug with 100 grains and then 110 grains.

Latest posts