22' Skyscraper Ladder Stand by Ameristep??

worriedman

Anybody been around one of these yet. It has that weird looking "truss" cable in the back and a skinny little ladder. I like the thought of the height, just wonder if any one has any real world experience yet??

Big Gun

I saw one at the Gander Mt. in Jackson. I thought about buying one but I'll get a two seater ladder whenever I get one.

worriedman

Picked one up. Set it up in the back yard, figuring there was a learning curve to getting it put together, was right about that. Instructions leave some to be desired, actual parts supplied are somewhat different than what is pictured in the instructions. Trapdoor needs a couple of nylon washers inserted to function right, but that was no biggie. Take two big friends to the woods to put it on the tree, but it says that in the instructions. I used my tree hooks to set a 4-part line above the stand height, that made it pretty easy, but everybody does not have that set-up.

Truss system is very stable, stand locks on good. Once you figure out where the tree strap needs to be and how to work it, stand is very usable. Gun rest is not high enough, that will have to be modified, but then I have had to do that on every stand I have ever bought. Narrow ladder section makes it pretty much disappear.

Overall I was pleased, took a couple of hours to assemble and erect, but that was after some practice in the back yard.

worriedman

Got it in the final resting place Friday. Figured out the best way to get it up was to put my tree hooks on and attach a 4-part pulley system above the stand height, then let the truck lift it. Used a 100' rope in the pulleys, was able to snake it out to the field edge. Otherwise a guy would need three or four stout friends to put this one up!

Put it up against a big Red Oak tree, good and solid. My Dad said no worries about having to beat him out of it, too tall for him!

Got it on a ridge coming into a small jut of a field, commands two inside corners, and can see back in the woods where there are some good trails and several rubs.

Skyscraper1.jpg

Skyscraper2.jpg

Skyscraper3.jpg

remke

I was up tat high in a ladder stand, but not that one. It was too high with nothing around for me. I would much rather be in my API that high or higher with a bar infront of me.
but that stand looks good to me.

Latest posts