Sources for ladder stands

utvolsfan77

@Gravey and @BSK before the Rural King opened up in Morristown, I bought quite a few ladder stands from Sportsman's Guide. Shipping is what eats you up. One year, we got really lucky in that we caught them on sale with shipping at $5 per stand, so we bought seven of them at $85 each. I believe that was in either 2014 or 2015. Since then, their shipping charges have more than doubled. If you check their website every week you can catch some good deals on their Guide (store brand) of stands.

BSK

I just picked up 3 Muddy Huntsman Deluxe ladders on sale ($199) at Sportman's Warehouse. Had to go pick them up in-store, but the saving on shipping was more than enough to compensate for gas spent driving to Murfreesboro.

themanpcl

I've had pretty good luck finding them on my leases and refurbishing them...lol....Lil too late but after Jan, WalMart usually drops prices of remaining inventory. If you aren't picky about style.

Bone Collector

@Gravey and @BSK before the Rural King opened up in Morristown, I bought quite a few ladder stands from Sportsman's Guide. Shipping is what eats you up. One year, we got really lucky in that we caught them on sale with shipping at $5 per stand, so we bought seven of them at $85 each. I believe that was in either 2014 or 2015. Since then, their shipping charges have more than doubled. If you check their website every week you can catch some good deals on their Guide (store brand) of stands.
one year I ordered two ladder stands. I joined their club and got a discount and free shipping. My wife didn't like that I spent $50 (or whatever it was) on the club, so I called them and the refunded my money, but I did feel bad though. Felt like that probably happens a lot.

I look for free shipping codes too though and sometimes score on those.

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
Don't know about other areas, but my local Co-Op here in Greene County stopped selling all hunting supplies, including stands about three years ago. When they put everything on clearance, I went in and bought Big Dog 21' double rail ladder stands for $125 each. I bought every one they had left, including their display model. They had a ton of other stuff as well and I racked up a lot of savings.

As others mentioned above, most Rural King locations put their stands on clearance at about the time muzzleloader ends and rifle season begins, or shortly afterwards. When the Rural King in Morristown, Tennessee had their grand opening around 5 years ago, I got five (5) Big Game Titan XL 18.5' 1.5 man stands for $85 each. Those stands have been great and are the most comfortable treestand I have ever sat in. They have the adjustable tension mesh seats similar to Millenium stands only much more comfortable. The shooting rail can be raised back against the tree for bowhunting, or it can be removed altogether. https://www.ruralking.com/big-game-titan-xl-18-foot-x-16-inch-ladderstand
I bought 4 Muddy Maxim 2 man from that store in Jan for 90.00 each. I also bought 2, 1.5 man Big Game from the Bristol, VA store for 78.00. Bought 2 more Muddy 2 man stands at Walmart for 60.00.

Chiflyguy

I've hunted out of a Big Game XD 1.5 for 3 years.
Comfortable seat and the thing I love the most is the flip out foot rest.
Feels good to stretch the legs out.
Hunted out of a climber a couple years. Always made me nervous.

BSK

I've hunted out of a Big Game XD 1.5 for 3 years.
Comfortable seat and the thing I love the most is the flip out foot rest.
Feels good to stretch the legs out.
Hunted out of a climber a couple years. Always made me nervous.
I know it sounds silly, but those flip-out foot-rests are the BOMB! Who knew that would add so dramatically to the comfort of the stand?