2018 Plans

AT Hiker

Polar Kraft":2lnpyqq6 said:
The 416 fire in Colorado is really throwing a wrench in my planning.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yea, that thing is blazing! I was planning a late Summer scouting trip but it appears everything will be burnt, hopefully it's not to hot and it will provide some excellent habitat in years to come. I also hope moisture comes in so the fires suppress and they open the forest back up.

Also heard of a fire on the WY/CO boarder and one broke out in Helper, UT behind a power plant that stares out as a control burn but go out of hand. Way to early for fires...not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wjohnson1983

Antelope 2nd choice. Unit 7.

Don't know how we didn't pull first choice. Haven't looked at the draw odds yet to see what happened.

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
No luck on my Wy antelope, but it was just a bonus since I drew bull and cow elk tags.

Jmed

Headed back to MT for the 3rd year in a row. I cant get enough of that place. Got a 173" muley on my first trip, then went back for an archery antelope and whitetail, which I got last September. 3rd year in a row to not draw the bull permit for the area we hunt, so I am headed back for another deer (probably a muley but wont let a great whitetail get by) this coming November. Building points in Colorado and Wyoming. All this on top of my whitetail hunting in KY and TN.

AT Hiker

Jmed,
I have not met one person who didn't just absolutely fall in love with Western hunting. It's indescribable and something I believe every hunter should experience.

Will and I drew some WY pronghorn buck tags and a few doe tags in a bordering unit.

I will also be in SE Montana around the 24th of October, what part will you be in?

gtk

Staff member
AT Hiker":2vms0371 said:
Jmed,
I have not met one person who didn't just absolutely fall in love with Western hunting. It's indescribable and something I believe every hunter should experience.
So true.. I fell in love with it so much so, that my house is currently on the market, and i'm moving out there as soon as it sells :)

AT Hiker

Don't forget WY preference point purchase is now open. The system might be down today because the Grizzly draw results are coming out so keep that in mind.

UTgodevil23

This is my first Elk hunt. Headed west in about 20 days. I've been mule deer hunting a few times and came out with one in velvet in 2016. Saw tons of elk while we were there, so going in with an OTC any bull tag.

wjohnson1983

I had forgotten about buying preference points until the day before you posted that. I went and bought my elk and deer point to keep those bumping up.