2018 Plans

gtk

Staff member
i've been very fortunate to be able to hunt a "friend of a friends" place out there the last two years. This will be our 3rd year out there. 3 or 4 of us hunting 8,000 private acres in the foothills of the san juan mountains. its easy terrain.

AT Hiker

Nothing wrong with some connections with a great place to hunt.
I'm planning to go about timber line, 12,000 feet or so for the early season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AT Hiker

FYI, those new to Nevada (like me) need to create an account then attempt to buy the license. A screen will then pop up to show proof of hunter education. You will send a picture of your hunter education card to the listed email, after it is approved you will then be able to buy a license and apply.
This is my first year with Nevada so hopefully I get my hunter ed approved before the draw deadline. It's a pricey state but being a bonus point system and the fact I really want to hunt NV I think it's worth it but you really need to capitalize on the license and apply for more than one species to "justify" the high cost.

AT Hiker

Nevada apps are in, first year for me. It's also the first time I've ever put In for a sheep tag. Nevada is the most expensive state I've ever applied in but the way the draw works it seems to even out the serious cash I dropped to the states wildlife.
Basically averaged out to $46 per species, including license.

TX300mag

I decided not to apply. The guy I would've applied with put in for a mule deer and was drawn for it. He's using a guide/outfitter and I'm not able to fork out that kind of money.

PO Cedar

I am waiting for Colorado draw results...archery elk and muley applications in...first choice is the area I had bear problems...kept tearing up camp...

BlackEagle1

Well the countdown for WY's results can now officially begin........ I just hope Eastman's unit pimping habits don't cost me a tag.

AT Hiker

BlackEagle1":2a2n0r3g said:
Well the countdown for WY's results can now officially begin........ I just hope Eastman's unit pimping habits don't cost me a tag.

I was relieved to see that Guys top antelope picks did not include the unit Will and I put in for.
Tick tock....

BlackEagle1

He must have found a copy of my play book. I spit coffee all over my office when I saw the list. He hit everything I put in for this time. They can keep the deer and goat tags if they will pull one of my super tag tickets :cool:

gtk

Staff member
just confirmed i got my mule deer tag :super:

so now i will be both elk (bull) and mule deer hunting ! I hope this year goes the same as previous years.. If so, I will be bringing home plenty of meat :drool:

knightrider

gtk":8g2iuc6u said:
just confirmed i got my mule deer tag :super:

so now i will be both elk (bull) and mule deer hunting ! I hope this year goes the same as previous years.. If so, I will be bringing home plenty of meat :drool:
:tu: :party: :party:

Latest posts