Outta State Plans

Panther Bone

Curious what everybody's plans are this year for outta state hunts. I'll be doing elk in CO the last week of Sept. I drew a first rifle hunt tag for coues in a decent AZ unit. I'll spend a week in Oregon rifle hunting blacktail first of Nov.

I'm ready for fall!

huntinkev

I was looking at planning a trip for elk this fall, then I backed off in March when coronavirus hype took over.

I hope to go next year with my Dad.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

turk870

I will be chasing antelope and trout in Wyoming the end of September. First time hunting antelope, wish I had drew some doe tags also, but no luck on them.

gtk

Staff member
CO Elk and Mule Deer. It is so nice to only drive a short distance and be elk hunting :)

turk870":24r81gpv said:
I will be chasing antelope and trout in Wyoming the end of September. First time hunting antelope, wish I had drew some doe tags also, but no luck on them.

I can tell you that there are more antelope than people, in WY (at least from Laramie to MT). Drove thru there a couple weeks ago to YellerStone.

gtk

Staff member
All y'all who are coming out west, be careful. All it takes is one trip.. That's what happened to me. I made a trip out here elk hunting, fell in love with the mountains, and moved out here permanently .

On another note, there are several fires going all around the state, so keep up with the area you hunt. Have backup plans just in case. The fire above grand junction was over 20k acres the other day.

uppercanine

I've been planning my first archery Elk trip. I drew Colorado unit 19. Currently the forest service has closed access to almost all of 19 and 7 due to the Cameron peak fire. I don't really know what to do. It looks like I may have to trade in my tag for an otc which makes me pretty nervous because I haven't scouted or planned for that.

uppercanine

I'm wondering if OTC units in Colorado will be even more crowded than usual due to both the pandemic and the fires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts