#1 for Ky and #2 for the year

rem270

Hunted with my cousin this morning at his place and heard some but had no luck. Mid day I was fixing to walk back behind my house on the Ky side but heard a gobble on the TN side so opted to go there. I spotted 2 birds and they moved off the other direction after a while so came back to the house about 3. I was messing around the house and thought I'll just leave it alone the rest of the day and go tomorrow. Came outside to burn some brush and thought I'll go check out the back corner and see if there's any birds. Sure enough I seen one strutter and 3 or 4 other birds. Still again I thought do I want to even mess with it but thought what the heck I'll try it. Ran in and changed clothes and hit the woods to try and cut them off. That plan worked perfectly but they were 200 yards out and moving away and no way I could make it to the corner they were headed to. They went in a big dip in the field and I thought I can sneak up on these birds right there. So I eased on up and crawled about the last 50 yards to the crest of the hill and he presented about a 35 yard shot. 10" beard and one spur is 1 1/4" and other spur is 1". That makes 1 for TN and 1 for KY this year for me.
My goal this year was to kill one off my new property and it happened today. So if I don't kill another one this season my season is complete!
20230422_184734.jpg

20230422_182716.jpg

20230422_183344.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts