Yuchi Juvenile Hunt

volsfan1976

My son got drawn on the Yuchi hunt for this weekend. We were in our bind by 5 yesterday morning. Stayed in blind for 12 hours. Saw 1 doe around 11:40 but he couldn't get a shot. He was wore out but we had fun. Back at it this morning. Maybe today will be the day. Just fyi, 12 hours in a folding chair at 46 really hurts the back, hips, and legs. Lol. But got home and couldn't wait to do it again. He is finally showing signs of enjoying it. I took this pic of him and sent it to his mom. She edited it and sent it back and I showed him when he woke up. He wasn't happy about me not waking him up with that buck outside the blind. 😂😂😂

Attachments

• 738A30E7-660A-413D-BF88-C01A3D063736.jpeg
    738A30E7-660A-413D-BF88-C01A3D063736.jpeg
    229.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 83D729F3-099C-4FF2-AAFA-6672D43BA2F2.jpeg
    83D729F3-099C-4FF2-AAFA-6672D43BA2F2.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 158

volsfan1976

Well good luck to you all if you decide to. Haven't seen anything so far. He got to skip church so he gets to stay all day. Lol

Savage Knight

Yesterday evening we had a doe slip in behind us, the boy had a stare down with her and lost. He had problems sleeping last night and honestly I was a little worn out myself so i agreed to sleep in. While he was taking a shower I was packing the truck, came back in the room and he was ready to head home. I'm still upset over that 😩

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Yesterday evening we had a doe slip in behind us, the boy had a stare down with her and lost. He had problems sleeping last night and honestly I was a little worn out myself so i agreed to sleep in. While he was taking a shower I was packing the truck, came back in the room and he was ready to head home. I'm still upset over that 😩
Sorry to hear that, but don't want to push them too hard. How old is he?

If it makes you feel any better we are about to get blown away out here. Wind gusting and swirling like crazy. Little confidence in getting one, but it's only a 2 day hunt.

volsfan1976

Sorry to hear that, but don't want to push them too hard. How old is he?

If it makes you feel any better we are about to get blown away out here. Wind gusting and swirling like crazy. Little confidence in getting one, but it's only a 2 day hunt.

We sat watching the field behind the ranger station till almost dark. That wind was crazy. I got really cold and expected him to want to leave at any moment. But he wanted to stick it out just in case. This was only his 3rd time on a deer hunt. He really did great this weekend to be 11. He hasn't ever even shot at one before and he wanted to sooo bad. Maybe next time.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
We saw 2 deer right at dark. Legal shooting light, but she didn't feel comfortable with the shot. Passed for next time. I'm proud of her for making the decision on her own, though I was already letting her know that it was iffy

DeerCamp

If it makes you feel any better, my 14 yo daughter was drawn this year. I've been putting her in every year.

But she told my wife in private that she didn't really want to go, because she doesn't like hunting, but she didn't want to disappoint me.

So, I never mentioned it again and the weekend hunt passed without even a mention of it. I got some yard work done and she hung out with some friends.

She still likes to fish at least. I guess I'll take what I can get.

Last edited:

arctic_cat

As we were leaving at dark there was a father and son waiting at the ranger station, so I went up and talked to them. Apparently the boy had shot a "monster" at 3:45, but it ran when they started tracking it. They backed out and called someone with a tracking dog. I hope that they find it
Any more news on this? Hope they found it

Latest posts