Youth hunters and public land

Blue Water Buck

Do many of you that hunt public land take your kids often and feel safe about doing it? I'm speaking of youth hunters like 12 and under specifically during rifle season. We have decent public opportunities near us that we fish the creeks of often so we've started to really learn the area. 8 min drive vs hour and 15 min drive to my family's farm just would make sense some days especially after work.

Any thoughts appreciated and thanks in advance.

Urban_Hunter

I've taken my kid a bunch. I don't fell unsafe from a sense of getting shot at, but the lack of respect and immense hunting pressure has just this year pushed me away. It is what it is, but the amount of people hunting from boats now is absolutely insane. Went to priest last Friday and still ran into a lot of people and couldn't walk more than 100yds in any direction without running into cell cams and ladder stands

killingtime 41

I've taken my kid a bunch. I don't fell unsafe from a sense of getting shot at, but the lack of respect and immense hunting pressure has just this year pushed me away. It is what it is, but the amount of people hunting from boats now is absolutely insane. Went to priest last Friday and still ran into a lot of people and couldn't walk more than 100yds in any direction without running into cell cams and ladder stands
Cell cams sitting on every trail possible. Can't even relax without a cell cam pointed at your face. Getting old to say the least.

Hardwoodmaterials

I take the kids during lesser used times like during the week. I don't feel unsafe I just don't want them exposed to the A holes that think they own the places.

philsanchez76

I take my 9 year old nephew on public during gun, but usually we wait till mid December or so. Crowds are pretty much gone by then. I don't feel unsafe at all.

hillbillyfab

We, my son and I have hunted several different wma's over the years. We mostly turkey hunt them together, as he ain't much for deer hunting anymore. I also liked to go during the week if possible, but I didn't shy away from the weekends if that was the only time we could hunt.

Latest posts