Public land @‘s

Roadracer6

What wma was this on? You can PM me if you like. Had a guy do a similar thing during turkey season in the dark....and basically wanted to fight. I just walked away and continued on with my hunt and ended up killing the bird he was after 2 days later 🤣🤣🤣🤣

philsanchez76

I wouldn't say that brother. It's just becoming the new norm for me. This is the 3rd time this year someone's acted like that towards me. Honestly almost to the point of hanging it up for a while.
Dont let them beat you man. If you need a break from these jack holes then take one. But dont let them keep you out the woods for the rest of season. Public has definitely been getting harder and harder each year ive been doing it. If I am fed up, I will take off from the gun opener through thanksgiving weekend and just spend tons of time with the family. Then after thanksgiving when all the idiots are gone, get back out there. Last week of November and first week of December are when I see the biggest deer. Almost never fails. And very few morons out there at that time. I feel for ya man. But hang in.

DMD

This is why I get to public land WAY early. So I don't have to deal with the people at the parking spots. I usually hunt later then most of them too, so I never even see them. That doesn't always solve the problem, but it eliminates a lot of them. Sorry you had such a crappy morning - no excuse for that lowlife being like that. Don't let the rotten apples ruin it for you.

timberjack86

This is why I get to public land WAY early. So I don't have to deal with the people at the parking spots. I usually hunt later then most of them too, so I never even see them. That doesn't always solve the problem, but it eliminates a lot of them. Sorry you had such a crappy morning - no excuse for that lowlife being like that. Don't let the rotten apples ruin it for you.
Good advice there!

30-06 type of guy

I went to another one of my spots. It's not worth it. The guy obviously has issues my luck if he came back there and saw me he would loose his crap. I don't like confrontation expecaily with a guy with a gun on his side acting crazy.
He probably shot a doe or something little just to mess with your head. Don't let some jacka$$ ruin your weekend.
This is why I get to public land WAY early. So I don't have to deal with the people at the parking spots. I usually hunt later than most of them too, so I never even see them. That doesn't always solve the problem, but it eliminates a lot of them. Sorry you had such a crappy morning - no excuse for that lowlife being like that. Don't let the rotten apples ruin it for you.
yep. Turkey season I'm at the gate at 2am. Deer season I'm there at 4am.

C1295

Ima try again in the morning and see what happens. I appreciate the advice man.

MidTennFisher

yep. Turkey season I'm at the gate at 2am. Deer season I'm there at 4am.
I used to do that too but now I realize it doesn't help. Getting there at 2am doesn't mean a dozen hunters won't start moving towards the roosted bird you're waiting to fly down at first light. Plus turkey hunting is an all day opportunity. There's no telling how many could show up at 9am after their first choice spot didn't produce.

Every time you get frustrated because you got to the gate at 2am and half a dozen people crowded you on the turkey you're pursuing, think about any organizations you give money to that promote R3. Then cancel your membership. :cough cough: NWTF

Tenntrapper

I had a guy come in on me several years ago. I lit him up with a flashlight. I was already setup, ready to hunt. That douche proceeded to put up a pop up blind...right on top of me.
He knew I was there, but didn't care. I made sure he was watching, and whipped it out and pissed all over everything....then proceeded to stomp through the leaves and break every limb I came to...moving to a different spot... 😂 Douche bags!!!

JeepKuntry

I've had people pull up on me and ask where I'm going they say okay I'm hunting a different spot than where you will be and still walk right by me in a tree. It's worse with duck hunting on reason I quit duck hunting especially on public. A lot of people have no respect for other people that's a fact
Happened to me on opening day of archery. That spot had traffic to the point I deleted my On x pin. You ran into a douche. One day I have a feeling his mouth will write a check that his butt can't cash with that attitude!

Snake

Public just keeps getting worse and worse.
You took the words right out of my mouth . Used to hunt Hiwassee Refuge some when they had it open for some bow hunting but the last time I hunted I was completely surrounded by LATE hunters! Told my friend here I set completely surrounded and we've got property in Giles Co . No more I'm done !!

Tenntrapper

Until last year, we owned some land that was the only access to some tva land. I've had people stop me...while on OUR land, and try to give me chit. I was quick to point out that THEY were trespassing...and if they would like to continue crossing our land they needed to shut their weenie washer and move along. Some people are just stupid!!

philsanchez76

Until last year, we owned some land that was the only access to some tva land. I've had people stop me...while on OUR land, and try to give me chit. I was quick to point out that THEY were trespassing...and if they would like to continue crossing our land they needed to shut their weenie washer and move along. Some people are just stupid!!
Hahahaha.... weenie washer.... got me rollin.

mayberryrick

I had a guy come in on me several years ago. I lit him up with a flashlight. I was already setup, ready to hunt. That douche proceeded to put up a pop up blind...right on top of me.
He knew I was there, but didn't care. I made sure he was watching, and whipped it out and pissed all over everything....then proceeded to stomp through the leaves and break every limb I came to...moving to a different spot... 😂 Douche bags!!!

Really…..? "Whipped it out", or poked it out…?

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Latest posts